shooting tripods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shooting tripods

Practical for spot and stalk? If I'm carrying it set up for shooting standing, how quickly could I drop it down to shoot kneeling if needed? Considering the Night Stalker from Night Goggles.

How much are you going to practice with it?

How will you carry it?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have found the regular shooting sticks to be much more useful. Polecat is what I've used for years. I bought a Primos trigger stick, still a bipod, but I don't like it as well. Polecat is simpler and still works as designed. The trigger stick no longer works and has barely been used.

I know you asked about tripods. I had one of those too, didn't care for it.

Comment

I use one a lot but not so much for spot and stalk. I leave a Primos tripod in the blind and often use it as an arm / elbow rest if I'm shooting out a window. I use a bipod for stalking and shoot prone. Shooting prone off a bipod is the most stable position for me. More so than shooting off sticks while standing.

Comment

I carry the tripod Bog pod when I roam the farm when the grass/weeds are tall.
          I keep them extended to my height when moving. I also use them when glassing.
          I like the lightweight folding bipod other times when I sit to shoot.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
            How much are you going to practice with it?

How will you carry it?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
            Realistically, probably not a lot.

I'll carry it in my hand mostly. 90% of its use will be parking at the gate and walking down checking fields and feeders for pigs. A few hundred yards at most.

I'm at a point where I need another set of sticks for guest. I could use a new camera tripod and was just considering getting a dual purpose camera/gun tripod and passing my current sticks off to guest.

Comment

I have the primos trigger stick gen 3 and I love it. Based on what I have read the two previous generations had an issue with the telescoping feature on it but I have not heard any reports of this in the gen 3.

Comment

You’re not too far from me if you want to try a RRS setup. They are spendy but I can easily hold minute of angle 100% of the time.

Comment

I use a Bog-pod works awesome usually out of a blind

Comment

Primos tripod shooting stick.

Comment

I love my bog pod.
                      Last edited by 6.5 shooter; 04-09-2018, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                        I have the primos trigger stick gen 3 and I love it. Based on what I have read the two previous generations had an issue with the telescoping feature on it but I have not heard any reports of this in the gen 3.
                        I got tired of carrying my bog pod fully extended through the brush when night hunting and now have the Primos Trigger Stick Gen 3. It's much more compact and easy to set up on the fly.

Comment

I recently grabbed a gen 3 Primos Trigger Stick tripod for a muzzleloader hunt that I have coming up in October. I haven’t had it in the field but I have taken it to the range. It is decently built. It’s no hog saddle on a video tripod but it operates as it should for what it is.

Comment

Primos tripod shooting stick. No problems so far.

Comment

Working...
                            X