3/21 - World Down Syndrome Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3/21 - World Down Syndrome Day

Unexpected gift! Have you ever received one? I personally feel it is by the grace of God that my daughter, Kaylen, blesses me everyday with her presence. Truth is, she blesses everyone she is around. She is without a doubt the best unexpected gift I have ever received! There is just something about that extra chromosome. While small and delayed in many areas, I’m learning she excels in the areas of life that matter the most! Picture this, I walked her into school the other day, hugged her then let her go. I decided to watch as she walked down the hall like the big girl she is (7 years old) toward her classroom. As I watched her, I learn a lifetime of lessons in about 5 minutes. There she was dressed up in a Sophia the First princess costume (it was fairy tale day at school), walking down the hall against the flow of students who entered a side door where parents dropped them off. As she ‘swam up stream’ she stopped and greeted a variety of individuals with a smile and a hug. I saw her hug a white girl, a black boy, another kindergartener student of yet a different race, what looked like a 3rd or 4th grade girl, a mom of another student, a couple 5th grade girls, and 2 teachers. This was all in about 15 yards before she walked into her own classroom. It got me to thinking, as Christians God calls us to do the very thing she just did: walk the road less traveled (which often means going against the grain of society), be accepting of others, be encouraging to those around us, share His love with those He puts in front of us, and to be confident and fearless in Christ. Yep, it was one of those proud papa moments.

I know many of you have relatives with DS or at the least know someone who has that extra chromosome. My hope in posting this is simple....like the show Wonder advocates, let’s honor those with DS today and if given the choice to choose right or to choose kind, choose kind!!!

(Oh and I forgot to mention, later that same day she received the Principal’s Award for setting a good example for others through her attitude, work ethic, manners, and etc. There is no doubt that God has big plans for her!)

Grateful!

God Bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!!! I am thankful for parents like you who love as God called us to love. May God continue to bless you and yours. Your daughter is beautiful!!

Matt

Comment

What a precious little angel you are blessed with sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
        Awesome!!! I am thankful for parents like you who love as God called us to love. May God continue to bless you and yours. Your daughter is beautiful!!

Matt
        X2!!

Comment

God bless your beautiful girl, and you sound like a great parent!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post

Matt
            X3

Comment

Beautiful! Thanks for putting a little perspective on this morning.

Comment

Pure greatness

Comment

What a beautiful little girl she has reminded us all how to be. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Awesome kiddo. My BIL has DS and is one of the happiest guys I know. I give you major kudos for being a parent and loving your child. So many people take life for granted and I know having a relative with special needs takes a special parent. Awesome job Dad keep it up.

Comment

Blessings to you all.

Comment

What a blessing

Comment

Great post to start my day with! Thanks for sharing your daughter with us!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

God's little angels!! Thanks for making my Day!

Comment

Thanks for the posts guys!
                              I want to keep this up top today in honor of those with DS!

Comment

Working...
                              X