Best TX snake pistol for hiking/lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best TX snake pistol for hiking/lease

Shed hunting I normally carry my wife’s .38 special with shot shells, but started looking at Judges and Governors recently. Well, that got me looking at high end .357’s and just thinking I could use shot shells again... what’s the GS thinking???

Nothing wrong with a 357 with shotshells.

Comment

For me it's the Bond arms snake slayer. Built like a tank, compact, and has a lifetime warranty.

Comment

i never had good luck with the 38 special shot shells. sure it kills them, but i want to blow them to pieces. 357 might do the trick but I'm looking for a new snake gun myself.

i was thinking one of those shockwaves with mini shells

Comment

I went with the judge(public defender model). 410 shells with #6 shot. I also carry it with 45lc around the lease. At the house it has the Winchester defender 410 shells and a couple 45lc.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

357, first in the cylinder is shot. I've found that one is all it takes.

Comment

I've never needed more than .22LR shotshells to dispatch any snake. Lighter guns, lighter ammo, easier on the ears, easier to carry, plenty lethal. What's not to like about that?

If you want more thump, go .22 WMR. My Ruger Single Six has both cylinders and I have shotshells for each. There's not a snake in Texas that's safe (except those timbler rattlers).

Comment

I know people that used to think the same thing until they saw a real snake.

Comment

Ruger Single Six 22wmr cylinder loaded with CCI rat shot.

Comment

Bought a Judge off a TBH member last year. Love the pistol. Killed a few rattlers with it in the short time I've had it. One bad a.... pistol.

Comment

I've dispatched alligators with a 22mag single six and rat shot, I'd imagine it kill a snake.. but for me I'll just run em off the other direction with a stick..

Comment

Someone had a flame thrower for sale on here a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                          357, first in the cylinder is shot. I've found that one is all it takes.
                          This^

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                            I went with the judge(public defender model). 410 shells with #6 shot. I also carry it with 45lc around the lease. At the house it has the Winchester defender 410 shells and a couple 45lc.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                            X2

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                              Someone had a flame thrower for sale on here a while back.
                              Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X