Arizona Archery Elk draw ....starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona Archery Elk draw ....starting

they are hitting the card credit cards as of fri-3.....Good luck .........

We buy OTC muley licenses each year and put in for a cow elk just for the heck of it.. We got drawn Friday.. A buddy of mine and his wife drew bull tags for the same units so it worked out!

Comment

Need to check the credit card...

Comment

Went in with 5 points this year. Sure be glad when I get to go back!

Comment

drew..... 4A hunt area ........after 7 years .......

Comment

My sons (ages 27 and 24) and I drew antlerless archery tags for unit 8 - we are very excited! I've hunted elk before in CO but this will be my sons' first elk hunt. We went for antlerless tags because the draw odds were much higher, and decent even for first-time applicants. We'll be hunting during the rut in late September, enjoying that spectacle, but just won't be able to shoot bulls.

Comment

Already posted i did not draw .Maybe next year got another point .

Comment

Originally posted by rgb View Post
                My sons (ages 27 and 24) and I drew antlerless archery tags for unit 8 - we are very excited! I've hunted elk before in CO but this will be my sons' first elk hunt. We went for antlerless tags because the draw odds were much higher, and decent even for first-time applicants. We'll be hunting during the rut in late September, enjoying that spectacle, but just won't be able to shoot bulls.
                Sounds like a fun hunt. Should see a lot of elk and hear em bugle. Will be looking forward to your write up.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                  Sounds like a fun hunt. Should see a lot of elk and hear em bugle. Will be looking forward to your write up.
                  And the bull tag holders will be cussing em the whole time
                  For being in their way....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                    And the bull tag holders will be cussing em the whole time
                    For being in their way....lol
                    Haha! Maybe those guys making all the ruckus trying to call in bulls will be pushing elk to us instead!

Comment

We drew cow tags for 4a and one bull tag.. We figured we might as well since we bought the license.. Good thing for us, is my buddy who drew the bull tag has lots of experience in the unit. Should be fun even though its for a cow. And any public land elk is a trophy

Comment

Originally posted by rgb View Post
                        The rut has been late the past few seasons, unit 8 is a cool area, never hunted it but have been there a few times. Williams is a cool town as well.

Comment

If any of yall make it to AZ before your hunt, go to a fish and game building and ask for the water location book. They have a book that shows all of the man made water locations in the state and the trails to get to them. It can be hot at the start of the season. Think it cost 25 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                            If any of yall make it to AZ before your hunt, go to a fish and game building and ask for the water location book. They have a book that shows all of the man made water locations in the state and the trails to get to them. It can be hot at the start of the season. Think it cost 25 bucks.
                            So is it just all the catchments?

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                              So is it just all the catchments?
                              A lot of it is, they will show some tanks that you cant see on most maps. We used the crap out of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X