What ladder stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ladder stand

What ladder stand do you guys recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For????

Comment

I like the ones Academy sells. But I wouldn't recommend them if you're over 250 or so.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I like to build my own with treated 2x4's for legs and platform. plywood seat and 1x6's for steps. I like to just be 8' or 10' high. I've got a 15' metal one I bought from academy, but now that I'm setting up for 12 yard shots it just looks like a steep shot angle.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
          I like to build my own with treated 2x4's for legs and platform. plywood seat and 1x6's for steps. I like to just be 8' or 10' high. I've got a 15' metal one I bought from academy, but now that I'm setting up for 12 yard shots it just looks like a steep shot angle.
          You don't have to use all the sections. You can set them up shorter. However I pracrice from my stands because I like to be up a little higher. You can get away with a little more at 15'.

Comment

And I have trouble sitting still. [emoji15]

Comment

I use the 15' "Stealth" brand, and it works real well for me.

It's small, light weight, and easy to move around, and set up/take down.

I terrorized pigs on a place with it a few years ago. Sometimes I would move as many as 4 times a day, and have killed that many pigs & more in a single day. Mobility is the name of the game when you're really mad at them, and I REALLY was at the time.

Rick

Comment

Lol. Yes and they are just dang fun to kill as well.

Comment

I've built a couple out of tubular steel and I'm considering building some 12 footers with lawn mower wheels bolted to them to make them easier to move. When acorns are dropping moving to take advantage of the hot trees is critical.

Comment

I've always made my own and have probably a dozen. A couple I made with wheels on them so I could walk them in further and use them as a cart to take the deer out on.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
                        What ladder stand do you guys recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Bow, gun, or both?

D icks's sporting goods has this one online regular for $149.98. Regularly $249.99

Field & Stream Outpost XL 17' Ladder Stand. Very nice stand. I just got one myself.
                        Last edited by Bayouboy; 08-15-2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I like the ones that have the mesh seats and back rests like the Muddy, Big Game, and Millennium. That way you can put them up against trees that aren't real straight and you still can sit in comfort. Plus you can fold the seat out of the way when you stand to shoot. They are super comfy and you can sit in them all day (especially the ones with the footrest).

Comment

Good stuff Featherflinger...thanks for asking Dkincaid.

Draco...awesome cart ladder.

Comment

I just bought the 22' mac daddy from Primal Treestands. I really like it. It uses a cable truss system instead of a stabilizer bar to stiffen the ladder and can be secured to the tree from the ground. Which makes it capable of being put up on trees with crooked trunks and weird angles. They make a 17 foot version that I may buy next. The 22'er is a little tall for me with my trad equipment, but is just right for the one with training wheels on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X