Quitting snuff!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quitting snuff!!

Been dipping snuff for 15 years. I woke up this morning and decided I've had enough. Any advice from those that have quit. Wish me luck GS.

Chew gum or peppermint, good friend dipped for years and now he just keeps peppermints in his mouth at all times. Worked for him, best of luck!!!! You can do it.

Comment

I used to dip all day everyday for years. I love it and still miss it. However, quitting is the right thing to do for many reasons. Stay focused, stay busy, chew a lotta gum and get after it. Good luck bro. JJ

Comment

Just stay strong. You have to quit because you want to and not for anybody else. I did it cold turkey after 10 years of dipping. The first few weeks are the hardest. You will get agitated but hold strong buddy. I still miss it but it has been 7 years can't imagine still doing it.

Comment

I quit about 8 years ago. I tried several times before based on urging form my wife and klids but always caved. Once I ecied on my own I wnated to quit it wasn't that tough. If you really want to quit you can do it. Stay strong.

Comment

I chewed alot of gun. Ate alot of sunflower seeds. Took a liking to Atomic Fireballs. It's just a replacement. You'll have to ween yourself off of that too. Stay strong. It's not that hard once you get going. I've been about 20 yrs off Copenhagen now. If I even smell it I get sick. Good luck!

Comment

I have been off for about 5 months straight, and i eat fireballs like they are going out of style! Good luck, and stay strong!

Comment

A year ago I made the same decision. I just quit and started to chew gum or pop a lemon drop in my mouth when I got the urge. The first two weeks are the worst, but it gets better after that. 40 years of Copenhagen is hard to quit, but if I can do it, you can too.

Comment

Good luck! I used and still use Smokey Mountain and it worked great.

Comment

Smokey Mountain

Comment

2 months tomorrow for me....sunflower seeds, gum, a patient wife, and staying busy have all helped!

Comment

been 7 months with out a dip, chewing gum has really helped me.

Comment

I haven't had a dip in probably 8 years. Everybody was dipping like crazy around me at camp this weekend. I really needed a can of herbal snuff and still do.

Those cravings still hit me.

Comment

You have to know that by quitting your chances of getting some sort of mouth, gum or esophageal cancer is greatly reduced. Hang in there

Comment

killthecan.org

I dipped a can of wintergreen a day for the past 24 years...if I can quit, anyone can! You just have to be ready and not do it for other people! Been quit 293 days today!! The first 2 weeks is the worst and you'll have insomnia and be very irritable...don't take it out on your family! If ya need anything, feel free to pm me!! Good luck and take it one day at a time!!

Comment

Working...
                              X