thoughts on the Bowtech Assassin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thoughts on the Bowtech Assassin?

I am looking at getting back into Archery and wanted to hear from the guys shooting the bowtech assassin's what would you change on the RAK version after getting it?

My buddy has one and I'm thoroughly impressed with it. Smooth draw, rock solid back wall and fast sweet shooter for the price. As far as the RAK it's good to get you by but I would personally change everything. I prefer a drop away a metal sight with micro adjust and the stabilizer is dinky. Quiver ain't terrible but I don't hunt with mine on so fancy ones don't do a lot for me.

Comment

Best bow (features & performance) per dollar out the3re PERIOD, NO CONTEST.

I like the bow! sights are good, quiver is ok, rest is horrible. I'd replace with a quality rest before leaving shop.

Comment

After shooting some arrows with my friend`s Assasin bow I found it very pleasant to shot, fast as hell and the price wasn`t that high...it`s a really good bow indeed, but I would prefer to buy the bow only intead of the ARK and customize at my choice.

Comment

Great bow. Replace the rest ASAP (the brushes wareout fast), then the sights. Mine is shooting a 375 grain arrow at 293fps set at 63lbs at a 29" DL.

Comment

Had mine over a year, have not changed anything. Only things that needs replacing is the old guy holding, wish I was 20 years younger.

Comment

def replace the rest asap, the brushes wear out quickly and the plastic housing will warp/bend and cause all kinds of grief. Other than that, the bow is so impressive for the price.

Comment

I love my Assassin. Like every one has said, it is great for the price. I upgraded my rest and sight immediately. I kept the quiver and stab for a while and it worked really well. I now have a new quiver (thanks to a great TBHer) and octane stab and bow mounted light (another great TBHer) and love it! You are going to love it!

Comment

My friend just bought one he likes it. He changed the rest quickly. I went with the Hoyt Charger and it has been great to.

Comment

I have the 2013 and immediately put a ripcord on it when I got it. I love the way it shoots

Comment

Just replaced my rest today after shooting the stock setup for about 10 months. Broad heads now hit exactly where my field points do. With the stock rest, broad heads never matched up, and I spent weeks adjusting stuff last summer trying to make it happen. New rest and the problem was solved. QAD.

I broke the 4th pin on the stock sight the first week I had the bow, but three pins is plenty for me anyway. Once you get it set, it is fine.

The quiver holds arrows in place. What more does it need to do? I always remove it to shoot.

Oh, my cable slide wore out in a hurry. Started catching and jumping on the rod. Replaced it and have had no issues since.

Comment

I love my assassin i aint replaced nothing on
                        it and its been nothing but good to me so far

Comment

change the arrow rest to a rip cord

Comment

Love mine. I changed to a qad ultra rest, and hha single pin sight,along with an octane stabilizer. My only complaint is mine is starting to get a little loud. I think I just have some tuning issues though and need to take it to the shop and get tuned by a pro...

Comment

I tried it out and really liked the bow but for the same price i would try the hoyt charger too; I personally liked the charger a little more (both felt really nice though and you would be happy with either I'm sure, just another option to try). Also you can get it bow only so you dont end up paying for accesories that you dont want. I agree with changing the rest to a drop away (I like qad) but the other accessories seemed all right to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X