Chance's widest ever!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chance's widest ever!!!

Last weekend I made a trip down to a buddy's ranch in Dilley, and it was a good one! Back in the summer he showed me a velvet pic of this buck but I never thought in a million years they would actually let me hunt him. One of the owner's friends actually shot this buck opening weekend right where the brisket and stomach meet. He got a pass-through but it was just meat and fat. Thank goodness he was shooting a tiny little Muzzy. Anything bigger would have opened him up enough to kill him.

Anyway, Kevin called and said that the wide buck had been seen again. Next day I was Dilley bound. Friday evening he was a no show although I did see some other really good bucks, and several were shooters including a 140" class 8 point (VERY hard to pass that one!). Saturday morning I saw him. He fed at about 35 yards for a while, and always facing the blind. He got to 21 yards but was still facing the blind the entire time. Something down the road spooked most of the other deer and when he turned his head to look I came to full draw figuring I might get a shot as he turned to leave with the rest. Wrong! He spun so quick I couldn't even think about shooting. Saturday evening he was a no show again. In fact deer movement was very slow. Sunday morning would be my last hunt before heading home. There would not be a return trip for this buck.

Sunday morning...a few deer were milling around in the dark, and then a couple bucks came in and held up at about 40 yards. Then a BIG one stepped out of the brush at about 60 yards. It was him! It took him a while but he finally got to 33 yards. All the deer were really calm, and I decided that if I could hold REALLY steady on him I could make the shot count, but any shake at all and I would wait for a closer opportunity. I don't remember drawing, but I do remember being solid as a rock when my Tritium pin settled just behind the shoulder. I will never forget that green Nockturnal as it blinked through him right behind his left shoulder and came out through the right shoulder. The 70 yard track was easy as the Spitfire Maxx did a wonderful job. I absolutely love shooting these broadheads out of my Monster.

I am so pumped about this buck that I can't stand myself! He has 33" of mass, scored close to 160" and has an inside spread of 27"! Truly a once-in-a-lifetime buck. Thank you Kevin, Doug, Timbo, and Joey for allowing me the opportunity to hunt this awesome buck!
    Attached Files

Some people just have all the luck. Congrtats on one heck of a deer.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats. Beautiful deer.

Comment

great readt and even better buck man, congrats!

Comment

What a buck! Congrats!

Comment

Holy wideness!!!!!!

Comment

Wow

Comment

That's a very nice buck. Congrats

Comment

I like that buck....A LOT!

Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Congrats !!! I would love to shoot one that wide one day.

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Wowzers!!!

Comment

Congrats Chance!!! What a start to the season!!

Comment

Great buck Chance ,congrats,love the wide ones

Comment

Working...
                              X