Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much feed do the deer actually get ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much feed do the deer actually get ?

Just wondering how much of the 300#’s of feed do the deer actually get ??
    All of these pics are from January 2018 (not sure what happened to my date and time setting)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All depends on how hungry they are for supplemental feed vs. native veg

Comment

I guess if they are hungry enough they’ll be standing around waiting on the feeder to go off !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You spinning hay out of that feeder?
        Last edited by AntlerCollector; 04-19-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I’ve often sat and watched 2-3 dozen dove at a feeder wondering how much corn we were feeding to the birds.
          These last few months have been so dry, the deer are cleaning up. They start filtering in 30 minutes before the feeder goes off and there will be a dozen or more standing around. I set it to go off again an hour later and they will just lie down and wait for more corn.
          They sure aren’t leaving any for the hogs and coons!

Comment

During hunting season, I dont worry about it and let the birds eat. I dont have many deer going to the feeders while I am hunting anyways. I usually have 100lbs of corn on the roads or I am sitting on a food plot, so very few deer go to the feeder. In the off season. I try to limit the bird consumption rate by setting my feed times for 1-2hrs prior to sunrise and at sunset.
            Last edited by BolilloLoco; 04-19-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

All I see on my camera is birds, birds and more birds.

Comment

How much do the deer get? This time of year on our place the answer close to none - too much of their preferred fresh green browse around. From recent TC pics I would guess that 90% of my corn is cleaned up by birds, coons, squirrels, turkeys and the occasional hog. This time of year I set for just one fairly short throw in the morning. We will see very few deer at the feeders until mid-summer when things are burned up.

Comment

About tree fiddy

Comment

Jackrabbits don't miss out at our place

Comment

During the season I feed at 7 and 730 in the morning. The deer and dove fight over it !
                      This time of year I have sat in my stand and seen the dove clean up without a single deer coming in. Im slinging roasted Soybean and the deer love it, but so does everything else

Comment

Working...
                      X