No announcement yet.

Rehabilitation - Prisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can appreciate your sympathy.. but if the person making the 'bonehead mistake' is still the one that should be paying for the 'bonehead mistake'...not Tax payers to teach him how not to make "bonehead mistakes" in the future.

Comment

First we need to stop this. We lock up errrbody for errrything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        I can appreciate your sympathy.. but if the person making the 'bonehead mistake' is still the one that should be paying for the 'bonehead mistake'...not Tax payers to teach him how not to make "bonehead mistakes" in the future.

Which they'll keep making because for many of them Prison is easy compared to their outside lives.

Comment

Its also my opinion if they dont know any different, then they will never do any different.

Comment

Define "know any different"......
            This day and age ..there arent many backwoods hicks that have been to town once in their life..that dont understand laws, morals, and basic common sense of right..and wrong.

Comment

If you're 18 and in trouble - go to prison for 10 years and released with no new knowledge other than what our current prison system provides, I dont see much in terms of making a positive impact on the community.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                If you're 18 and in trouble - go to prison for 10 years and released with no new knowledge other than what our current prison system provides, I dont see much in terms of making a positive impact on the community.
                Heck it seems a lot of them just learn how to make more trouble.

Comment

You skipped the part that explained the 'not knowing different' at 18 and not doing something that will get you sent to prison for 10 years.
                  That last part - sent to prison for 10 years -when correctly implemented is a called a deterrent.
                  Deterrents are used to help people make the right choices...if you water the deterrent down, its effectiveness is reduced and you end up with people that know better, understand the system, and dont give a **** because doing the dime is worth tryin to get away with the crime-- plus free education, meals, medical, -if you wanna get that sex change on..you got it..FREE - dental..etc etc..
                  Except FREE doesnt mean free...to those that live right, does it?
                  Last edited by systemnt; 04-17-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                    Yep. Either way they should be forced to work and produce enough to support themselves. Working isnt punishment, its life. Work is good for you mentally and physically. The suffering and effort that results in accomplishing something would set some on the right track. For others prison is just a delay. Kind of a cost of doing business. They use prison as a networking opportunity. For those we need to make it miserable. There is no ( or very little ) chance of "fixing" them. They need to be SCARED of going back.

And for the remaining? Well, we need to kill more of them. Some are beyond hope . Only God can save them. Forcible rape, among other heinous crimes, should result in death.
                    What about the people who created, appear on, or watch "the view"? Can we add them to the list?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      What about the people who created, appear on, or watch "the view"? Can we add them to the list?
                      I'm good with that.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        No, straight to the gallows. Not time for those folks, suspend habeas corpus, declare them all guilty and the punishment is death by hanging to be taken place as quickly as a rope or extension cord can be located

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          You skipped the part that explained the 'not knowing different' at 18 and not doing something that will get you sent to prison for 10 years.
                          That last part - sent to prison for 10 years -when correctly implemented is a called a deterrent.
                          Deterrents are used to help people make the right choices...if you water the deterrent down, its effectiveness is reduced and you end up with people that know better, understand the system, and dont give a **** because doing the dime is worth tryin to get away with the crime-- plus free education, meals, medical, -if you wanna get that sex change on..you got it..FREE - dental..etc etc..
                          Except FREE doesnt mean free...to those that live right, does it?
                          Deterrent for you and deterrent for another are two different things. Prison to me is not coddling or anything of the sort at all. I would assume it wouldnt be for you as well.

Others dont like it, but view being there differently.

I'm not saying free anything. They are serving their time. They are not free to do as they wish in any form or fashion.

Im just trying to make those 5-10 year offenders a more productive member of society on the way out. So that there are less victims in the long run.

Comment

Deterrent for you and deterrent for another are two different things. Prison to me is not coddling or anything of the sort at all. I would assume it wouldnt be for you as well.

Others dont like it, but view being there differently.

I'm not saying free anything. They are serving their time. They are not free to do as they wish in any form or fashion.

Im just trying to make those 5-10 year offenders a more productive member of society on the way out. So that there are less victims in the long run.

Ding ding ding!!! Take my friend for example, trying to take seminary courses while serving five- ten. Unless he’s in a certain unit he can only get certain courses needed. But if he was a lifer he could get them no problem as the prison wants ministers in the cell blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                              First we need to stop this. We lock up errrbody for errrything.

I touched on this last month and got shouted down by curtex for being a liar

Here...
                              Please post political and non-hunting current events to this forum. Personal attacks and disrespect in posting will not be tolerated.
                              Last edited by texansfan; 04-17-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                                I touched on this last month and got shouted down by curtex for being a liar

Here...
                                http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...8&postcount=65
                                Nope, we are the best at locking people up. You might even call this part of a freedom index. Of which we have little these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X