Rebarrel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    Take it back to the gunsmith that gives a guarantee. And, i suspect there will be more manufacturers that start offering factory loads for it.

That's spending a lot of money for something that may or may not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
      That's spending a lot of money for something that may or may not happen.
      isnt that the case with any rebarrel or custom gun?

gunsmith isnt going to give me a gun that wont shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
        I can’t see why one would want to bang steel at 1000yds with a .224 round. You won’t ever get the consistency needed.
        how is a 22 cal 90 gr bullet with a good BC and decent velocity not consistent?

which factors determine a rounds consistency?

Comment

Going the 22 creedmoor route. Talked to my gunsmith and it just seems like a great round. And, he provides loaded ammo so that solves my factory ammo problem.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

That sounds like a good option. That's a lot of horse power but it's also in a very productive cartridge.

Who's doing the work for you?

Comment

I think you should do it. At the end of the day you can say it was a great experience or it wasn’t but you learned something. Either way you should post it on here with your results.

Comment

Originally posted by silencer2011 View Post
                22-250 A.I. is a monster. You can probably even ream the chamber to a 22-243 or a 22 creedmoor if something crazy interests you. All of these choices are crazy good.
                I’ve always wanted a 22-250 and as I learn more about the AI family I’m really liking those cal. I don’t know a lot about the 22-243 but, that’s an interesting cal too.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                  That sounds like a good option. That's a lot of horse power but it's also in a very productive cartridge.

Who's doing the work for you?
                  Horizon firearms in college station.

Comment

[QUOTE=texasnavy05;13205355]Going the 22 creedmoor route. Talked to my gunsmith and it just seems like a great round. And, he provides loaded ammo so that solves my factory ammo problem.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
                    Is Horizon Firearms doing the work? I know he provides 22 creedmoor ammo. I’m planning on having him build me a 22 creed.

Comment

Never mind you just answered my question.

Comment

got my rifle back today. 22 creedmoor rebarrel. tikka t3 action in a manners stock.

looks great. group was .46moa at 100 yards. can't wait to shoot it.

nothing but good things to say about horizon firearms!

Comment

Sweet rifle man. My next rifle will be chambered in .22 Creedmoor.

Comment

Dang that's pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                              I can’t see why one would want to bang steel at 1000yds with a .224 round. You won’t ever get the consistency needed.
                              My old 223AI slinging 80 grain amax did 1k allll day easily. 2950 FPS. A buddy of mine took his to 1500 yards. You’d be surprised what a well built 223 will do at distance with good ammo.

Sweet rifle OP!!

Comment

That is a fine looking rifle.

Does anyone make factory 22-creed ammo or are you going with custom loaded ammo?

Look up Roberts rant on 100 yard groups not telling the entire story about shooting long range.

If you reload or are having custom ammo being made you should do a 10 shot ladder test at 300 or longer. It will dial in your charge weight for a very forgiving load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X