Originally posted by gator255 View Post
    Oh hell yea I will. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Largest gathering of Jagdterriers in the USA
    PM me if you want

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
      Largest gathering of Jagdterriers in the USA
      Do you know where I can findout more information about this event?

Comment

Originally posted by gator255 View Post
        Do you know where I can findout more information about this event?

Facebook mostly. PM me

Comment

IMO check out the lineage of whatever dog you pick regardless of breed, a dog is an individual and just like people there good up to excellent or no good down to worthless. My son had a pair of jagd's, good dogs until they got into a kerfuffle then they turned into psycho hairballs, they thought they'd fight us over their varmint a time or two, that isn't allowed in our hunting family, so they went away. He now has a pair of patterdales, absolute fur covered living creature seeking death machines, will relentlessly seek out rats, gophers, squirrels, rabbits, and up to and including hogs (maybe even grizzly bears), but the best thing about them as soon as the varmint invader has been vanquished they come to the grandkids to get their belly rub reward, and the grandkids are 2 and 4.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
            IMO check out the lineage of whatever dog you pick regardless of breed, a dog is an individual and just like people there good up to excellent or no good down to worthless. My son had a pair of jagd's, good dogs until they got into a kerfuffle then they turned into psycho hairballs, they thought they'd fight us over their varmint a time or two, that isn't allowed in our hunting family, so they went away. He now has a pair of patterdales, absolute fur covered living creature seeking death machines, will relentlessly seek out rats, gophers, squirrels, rabbits, and up to and including hogs (maybe even grizzly bears), but the best thing about them as soon as the varmint invader has been vanquished they come to the grandkids to get their belly rub reward, and the grandkids are 2 and 4.
            Sounds like some every good pups. Where did you get your patterdales?

Comment

I would have to check with my son, when it comes to hunting dogs he's as bad as any hardcore tbh'r that's always accumulating guns, bows, and various hunting paraphernalia.

Comment

Jagdterrier Breed Club puts on a Terrier Trial event twice a year in Tyler TX. Every April and October.
                Next one is Oct 13-15
                Come and check it out, whether you have a Jagd or not. It's a good time and good dog men
                I know this is an old post but does anybody know when the next trial is?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                  I know this is an old post but does anybody know when the next trial is?
                  The next one in Tyler is October I believe.
                  The club is starting to have events in other states too

Comment

Lol funny timing. I just watched a dvr of pigman hunting in Ok with dogs, and the stop dog was a patterdale. That **** thing was relentless and refused to let go of the hog! Beautiful dog as well

Comment

The next one in Tyler is October I believe.
                      The club is starting to have events in other states too
                      Thanks! Is there a place I can check to get specifics? The Facebook page mentioned earlier in this thread seems like the last post was in 2015?
                      Last edited by Etxnoodler; 03-13-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks! Is there a place I can check to get specifics? The Facebook page mentioned earlier in this thread seems like the last post was in 2015?
                        There is a Facebook page. Someone will have to add you. I'm not a club member though

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the name of the club is the AHTA. American Hunting Terrier Association

Comment

Working...
                          X