This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
    Scrap it and start over cause you did not get drawn? My son and I each drew a permit in the first draw(youth deer for him, Alligator for me). I say the system works just fine. Add to that, he drew a youth Alligator last year and a Youth Deer the year before that.
    Lol well yeah of course it works great for people who consistently get drawn. There are people who've never been drawn for many years, myself included. My little dude finally got drawn for Youth gun either 6th year and that was a 2nd draw shot. Inwas beginning to wonder if he'd ever get drawn for youth before becomming an adult LOL

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      Lol well yeah of course it works great for people who consistently get drawn. There are people who've never been drawn for many years, myself included. My little dude finally got drawn for Youth gun either 6th year and that was a 2nd draw shot. Inwas beginning to wonder if he'd ever get drawn for youth before becomming an adult LOL
      Congrats on the youth hunt! Sometimes it can seem like the whole thing is rigged. First time I ever entered I won gun deer either sex at James Daughtry (one of the most coveted hunts.) Over 10 years went by before I won something again.

Comment

16 PPS on exotics and no draw. 8 PPS on private land pronghorn and no draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
          We drew Javelina at Davis Mountain SP. Ridiculously excited. I have always wanted to hunt that area.
          we did that hunt four years ago....

if we went back, I'd take a mountain bike.....

we drew back on a couple of small ones, but didn't end up with one.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
            I agree. Whenever someone complains about the system most people jump in and basically call him/her a sore loser. I won 2 hunts last year and so far 2 this year (all quality) and I don't like the system at all. I've gotten REALLY lucky, probably under 1% odds on each one.

With a few tweaks it could be great draw but right now it's pretty craptastic.. The changes that need to be made are so common sense it's almost unbelievable they haven't made them yet..
            Totally agree, but I really don't think they will change the system until enough people start to realize the horrible odds and application #'s start to drop off sharply. I heard there was already a decline in app #'s last year from the first two years of the online system.
            Last edited by bossbowman; 08-17-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttu1997 View Post
              16 PPS on exotics and no draw. 8 PPS on private land pronghorn and no draw.
              I had 20 points before I got picked!
              The only thing I don't care for is people applying for several hunts on the same weekend. They know they can't make both hunts if they get drawn for both, That also takes away a chance for someone else to get drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                I had 20 points before I got picked!

The only thing I don't care for is people applying for several hunts on the same weekend. They know they can't make both hunts if they get drawn for both, That also takes away a chance for someone else to get drawn.

That would only be true if they pay for both permits or both hunts don't for some reason allow a 2nd chance draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got a lot of years invested in pps built up now in gun deer, mule deer, exotic, archery mule deer and pronghorn. For all of those other than the pronghorn where only Rita Blanca is available, I just put in one application every year for the primo hunts.. Chap, Matador.... Id hate to waste all those years of preference points to getting drawn for a deer hunt at Nannie Stringfellow... if it takes 15 or 20 years then oh well, it will make the hunt that much more special.

Comment

Originally posted by Encore View Post
                    Got drawn for antlerless/spike at Fairfield lake state park and Fort Boggy state park. It only gave us until Aug 25th to purchase the permits.
                    I got drawn for antlerless/spike at Fort Boggy too. What dates did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
                      I've got a lot of years invested in pps built up now in gun deer, mule deer, exotic, archery mule deer and pronghorn. For all of those other than the pronghorn where only Rita Blanca is available, I just put in one application every year for the primo hunts.. Chap, Matador.... Id hate to waste all those years of preference points to getting drawn for a deer hunt at Nannie Stringfellow... if it takes 15 or 20 years then oh well, it will make the hunt that much more special.
                      Exactly on point. I only put in for the primo hunts at the primo dates. Hopefully after most of my lease hunting is done and only to places different than where I already hunt.

Comment

For all those thinking they should or will change it.......there is no way in HEII they are going back. I'm betting the income off this has tripled since they started letting you apply for multiple hunts in each category. More proceeds to pay the bills, they'd be stupid to go back and probably kicking themselves for not doing it earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                          I got drawn for antlerless/spike at Fort Boggy too. What dates did you get?
                          We got drawn for 18-20 of October.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                            Lmao wow you got that out of what I said? I said I've got drawn for two hunts already this year. To boost the drawing odds they need to go back to one per category. That would eliminate the ppl applying for every hunt in a category. I'm sure you do think the systems fine since you've won through it before. So have I and I can still see the problems with it. Ask someone that hasn't ever been drawn if they think it's fine. It all comes down to luck but there are tweaks that could be made to improve everyone's chances for a draw.
                            See post #404

Comment

Originally posted by Encore View Post
                              We got drawn for 18-20 of October.
                              I got drawn for the 16th through the 18th. Was hoping maybe somebody from TBH would be there the same time as me!! I was drawn there last year for the archery hunt. It's a cool place and there's quite a few deer.

Comment

What do you recommend for blinds, pop ups or tripods?

Comment

Working...
                                X