Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are all the gas price conspiracy theorists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
    Have not read whole thread.

For me I do not care about gas prices. I drive an 88 rancharger with a 318 4wd. I might get 13 mpg but who cares. I enjoy it. Wife drive a 2012 suburban. Son drives a 2007 silverado with a 5.3. We are restoring a 67 charger with a 440 bored over 0.30. I might get 10 mpg.

I laugh inside when people talk about the 40 mpg prius or their 22 mpg ford truck.

Who gives a crap. My theory is I have more important things to worry about.
    You must be one of those high rollers everyone keeps talking about

Comment

I just can't wait till one day it does jump back up to $120 just so I can see the tears flow on here.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
        Have not read whole thread.

For me I do not care about gas prices. I drive an 88 rancharger with a 318 4wd. I might get 13 mpg but who cares. I enjoy it. Wife drive a 2012 suburban. Son drives a 2007 silverado with a 5.3. We are restoring a 67 charger with a 440 bored over 0.30. I might get 10 mpg.

I laugh inside when people talk about the 40 mpg prius or their 22 mpg ford truck.

Who gives a crap. My theory is I have more important things to worry about.
        That's the way I see it also.
        Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
        You must be one of those high rollers everyone keeps talking about
        I'm not a high roller what so ever, but I have never let gas prices/millage ever affect my decision to do anything. Since he was mentioning vehicles, I've never owned a vehicle that got better than 18mpg on a good day. The way I see it, if I like and can afford the truck I can afford to put gas in it. Gas and oil is the cheapest thing about owning a vehicle, considering the cost of said vehicle. But everybody always complains about both

Comment

When you dont have a vehicle payment it makes the price of fuel irrelevant( at least for me)
          I pay cash for older reliable vehicles in the 2500-4500 range and really never had a serious issue. Im sure it suks for folks in the o-g industry but that industry has a very long history people could research before going into it. As far as that goes, every industry has the same ebs and flows, make good money one day and unemployed the next.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            I just can't wait till one day it does jump back up to $120 just so I can see the tears flow on here.
            Just a matter of when....not if.

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
              Most O&G workers don't associate higher prices with closures & layoffs in other industries.......
              Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                You should just change your name to Creekmouse2

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                  The Microsoft argument is silly. I don't have to buy MSoffice three to four times a month just to get to work, but I do have to buy gas at that interval.

Pick a more relatable industry like cattle or grain. Those commodities are unavoidable to buy at regular intervals. And how many people were losing their minds when it was $10 a bag? And now that it is half that, people are happy about it because it saves them money. Everyone except corn farmers of course.
                  good point

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                    You should just change your name to Creekmouse2

HAHAHAHA!!!! You know where I stand. A happy medium for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X