Ground blind recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground blind recommendations

I'm in the market for a ground blind to bow hunt out of and looking for recommendations. I'm getting to old to climb a tree stand and tired of sitting still for hours on end in my tripod stand. Help!

Double bull club xl. With crush 3D fabric

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
      I'm in the market for a ground blind to bow hunt out of and looking for recommendations. I'm getting to old to climb a tree stand and tired of sitting still for hours on end in my tripod stand. Help!
      Me to, I'm looking at the Lucky's hunting blind.

Comment

It really depends on your budget, your needs and your window preferences. My advice - buy quality. If you take care of them, better blinds can last a pretty good long time. Well, they will if you don't use them like I do! Lol! I put blinds through torture tests setting up for clients year-round.

Most important is the window configuration that will suit you. The Double Bull Double Wide has an adjustable window that goes all the way around the blind so that you can have as much or as little window as you want. I don't, personally like this style of window as much as the rectangular corner windows that are found on most other blinds; but you can hardly beat the quality of the DB and it has the BEST door on the market! Plus, the DB is roomy without being ridiculously tall <--which makes a blind hard to hide and is unnecessary. If you don't need a ton of room but want a really tough blind with a GREAT window setup, Look at the Rhino Blind XP-1 It's a terrific blind but the company has trouble keeping them in stock and they're not available right now. Supposedly going to be back in stock some time this month; but I've waited for several months beyond the dates they've told me, in past years. So, if you need one ASAP, they may not be a viable option. But, dollar for dollar, I think they're the best blinds out there. If only the company could get its ordering in order!

The Big Game Redemption Blind is a a really nice blind that's fairly tough; and I'm using them more and more. They are not as 'shiny' as a lot of blinds, have good corner windows with the option to close the windows with either camo or black showing. Plus, the wall side windows are pretty handy for filming or shooting out the round hole in the mesh. If you're not going to shoot through the mesh, you can keep the windows closed with the black side showing outward, and train your deer to not fear that "black hole." It comes in at the same price point as the Rhino but it's not as durable; and the brown coloration is not my favorite, but it works just fine if you brush it in well.

The Primos Club XL is a good lower-cost blind and I do use them a lot. You can usually find them below the MSRP if you shop around. The camo pattern is really incredible; for South Texas, anyway. The outer material is pretty flimsy (for me) so you need to be careful. The corner windows are bigger than I like when people want the mesh down; but, if you want a huge open window, you'll love that. You can also keep the window less obvious by only opening one side of the mesh. BUT, if you like shooting through mesh, those big open corners are awesome. I'd stay away from the smaller Club (its just too small) and the Club XXL because it's WAY too big.

I hope this helps. I've used about every blind manufacturer on the market, at one time or another, and these are the blinds I've settled on.

Originally posted by LloydMcCoy View Post
        Double bull club xl. With crush 3D fabric
        There's no such thing. Lol! There's a Double Bull Double Wide and there's a Primos Club XL. Both sold by Primos/Bushnell

Comment

I like my barronett 250....

At Barronett Blinds® we believe the thrill of the hunt starts with big thinking and big ideas. From the very start, we began offering ground blinds that you can shoot from while standing, and customers noticed. Over the years we’ve continued to create the best hunting blinds available with a strong focus on size.

Just my opinion....but I can shoot my bow our of it...for under 130

Comment

Ameristep Brickhouse. $130ish and goes up in less than a minute and down in less than a minute. Great blind for the price, comes in Realtree AP....I recommend it.

Comment

If you have the $$, get a Blind Turtle. You won't ever buy a popup again.

Comment

I absolutely love my DB T2. More than enough room for me and I can bring in another person if I want to. The design really helps break it up well

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Ace View Post
                  I like my barronett 250....

At Barronett Blinds® we believe the thrill of the hunt starts with big thinking and big ideas. From the very start, we began offering ground blinds that you can shoot from while standing, and customers noticed. Over the years we’ve continued to create the best hunting blinds available with a strong focus on size.

Just my opinion....but I can shoot my bow our of it...for under 130
                  Same here!!!

Comment

Ameristem brick house has a big brother, the Bone Collector. While I've never been too impressed with their Indorsments but this is a better version of the brick house. It is larger, taller, larger windows and a vent on the top. I know that vent doesn't sound like much, but with temperatures in the early of archery, like this year, reaching into the 90's, that little vent makes a huge difference. And only cost about $20 more.
                    Last edited by sam4613; 10-09-2013, 09:30 PM. Reason: can,t complete a sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                      I absolutely love my DB T2. More than enough room for me and I can bring in another person if I want to. The design really helps break it up well
                      AMEN! I have 4-5 of them stashed and they are ONLY for my own personal use. Wish they still made them. Single best 1-man stand EVER! It's no good for filming or guiding but it's AWESOME for KILLING!

In fact, I wish they would bring back some of the old models of DB, like the T5! If they brought back the T5, with the new Double Wide door, I'd by 15 of them!

The new Double Bulls are good but I miss the old window styles. I'm not a fan of that 360 degree window. It was all downhill once they locked onto that design.

Comment

This might be WAY more than your looking to spend but, hear me out. I would choose a krivoman ground blind. Here's are some things to consider.....

They are very lightweight so they are very easily moveable.
                        The windows and door is very user freindly.
                        Put carpet in the bottom of it very noicse reduction from leaves and twigs.
                        It wont blow away.
                        You dont have to mess with strings or straps to keep it in place.
                        Brushes and blends in with most natural forage.
                        You will never have to replace it with a nee pop up every couple of years.

Lets be honest... How much money have we all spent on MULTIPLE pop-ups?
                        I dont work for krivoman but have been able to transport, set up, and hunt out of them this year. I love it! I think its worth the money considering that every couple years you will have to buy another pop-up. That's just my opinion.

Another point is that it cuts down on scent which we all know thats an huge concern for every bowhunter! Good luck on making a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
                          Me to, I'm looking at the Lucky's hunting blind.
                          I have 2 of the luckys something Texan I just bought this year been out for about a month and a half so far I like it a lot haven't hunted out of cvery many other popups though. I would recommend luckys. Unless your gonna carry with you everytime you go out.

Comment

Sorry for typos?

Comment

I have an Ameristep dog house blind and i love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X