Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mathews 2013 bows are out on their site!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally im let down !! Been looking to upgrade my 29-70 DXT and I passed on the heli-m in anticpation of the re-inventing the wheel campaign for 2013. I'm not sure about the looks just yet on the creed, and i was expecting some 340 bare naked speeds, Im hoping i may like the Monstor chill better when i shoot it , and see it in person ,. Its gonna take a really good one to take my Matthews DXT out of my hand i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Kade View Post
      Makes you wonder if, at least for the moment, Mathews has maxed out their technology.
      Everyone seems to be at brickwall

Comment

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
        Everyone seems to be at brickwall
        The PSE DNA sure looks sweet.. Maybe Bowtech can impress.. Im looking for a new bow this year but it won't be one that sets me back 20fps

Comment

Originally posted by robbyreneeward View Post
          I'm pretty sure that P&Y rule of 30"refers to the distance between the end of the 2 cams or the cam/idler, NOT ATA. I wouldn't think Mathews would distribute a bow that would violate P&Y criteria.
          Clarification:

Just got off the phone with P&Y. They said when that rule was made they never thought the 30" would be an issue. They did say they are now considering tip of cam to tip of cam. So you where correct. No budge on the lighted nock or sight lights tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            Clarification:

Just got off the phone with P&Y. They said when that rule was made they never thought the 30" would be an issue. They did say they are now considering tip of cam to tip of cam. So you where correct. No budge on the lighted nock or sight lights tho.
            Thanks buddy. I don't remember where I read that, but it was after the '11 rollout of the Z7 Xtreme. You got youre Motive 6 in yet?

Comment

Originally posted by robbyreneeward View Post
              Thanks buddy. I don't remember where I read that, but it was after the '11 rollout of the Z7 Xtreme. You got youre Motive 6 in yet?
              Nope!
              But ill have my new Bob Lee Heavyweight in a month!!!

I guess Mathews didnt do nada with the Monster line???

Comment

Nope!
                But ill have my new Bob Lee Heavyweight in a month!!!

I guess Mathews didnt do nada with the Monster line???
                Both lines dropped speed and added weight in exchange for a smoother draw.

Monster isnt much faster than the Creed with less brace height and longer ATA. (I THINK)

Comment

I've already heard folks saying the draw on the Chill and Creed are sick. Apparently worth the "drop" in speed. I bet this drop is actually numbers that can be easily attained rather than inflated IBO numbers like previous years.

Comment

As far as comparisons I made the same comment about my Legacy that I had for years. It was smooth and sweet to shoot and was over 300fps ibo. A buddy of mine bought a DXT and was raving about it. I could not see spending the money when the speeds were only a few fps faster.........But then I shot one. 1/2 dozen arrows down range on the demo bow and they were rigging me a new DXT. Now I just refuse to shoot the new ones for fear of falling in love.

Comment

I have new custom recurve on the way for slow and quiet. When it comes to my compound;
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352151034.705237.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	24137464

Comment

I dont know what to do , i need new servings and string on my DXT, my g5 sight optics are getting dim , prolly would replace the site with something new, the creed isnt really gaining me any speed , and it for dang sure got heavier .....so i am really going to have to wiegh out wether or not to put some upgrades and money into the DXT and go another season, or go with the creed or Heli and sell my DXT. Which has always been a phenominal shooter, and proven hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by DXTroughneck View Post
                          the creed looks like a single cam monster! Not impressed and im a mathews man.
                          I called that one yesterday. Thats the only thing I could see them doing different was a speed single cam bow. Still isnt as fast as I thought it should be
                          Last edited by lesson 101; 11-05-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Clarification:
                            No budge on the lighted nock or sight lights tho.
                            What lighted nock.. I didn't see no lighted nock!

Comment

It's all about the shooter. I know Mathews will still make a killing off of the new bows. I do like the looks of the creed, and will be at Smithfield tomorrow afternoon to shoot the demo. But has anyone compared the zxt to the z7 xtreme? Am I going crazy or is this the same bow with the price knocked off a little?

Comment

Originally posted by lesson 101 View Post
                                was a speed single cam bow
                                Speed what speed?
                                Ill stick with my heli, I'm not impressed one bit with the creed so far but that may change when I shoot it but that also makes no difference since my wife ha made it very clear no new bow for a while lol

Comment

Working...
                                X