Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2018, 06:20 PM   #11151
NAVY CHIEF
Ten Point
 
NAVY CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HUTTO, TX
Hunt In: GRANGER LAKE, TX 25 YEARS/COLORADO 3 YEARS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxSTexan View Post
Heck yeah! What area was that? I jumped a big black boar when I was scouting out there in San Gabriel. Didn't have my bow so had to back down, vowed revenge on that porker.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sore finger out in the open!
NAVY CHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #11152
AdventureBoy
Eight Point
 
AdventureBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Granger, Somerville, Luminant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
Big boar! With the lake being 10 ft high. The hogs are out in the open! Prob saw 40 or so! I missed two pokes on a boar and a group of 50 pounders and my bud Solomon put in a 50 yd Texas heart shot on this 230 pound boar! His first at granger. Crossbow!
Hell yeah, way to go Solomon!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
AdventureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #11153
Spoiled_TN_boy
Four Point
 
Spoiled_TN_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: South Austin
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

I like you guys over here better than the deer hunt thread. They are all too scared to talk.
Maybe I'll take up pig sticking to have something to talk about!
Spoiled_TN_boy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #11154
AdventureBoy
Eight Point
 
AdventureBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Granger, Somerville, Luminant
Default

Get out there and hog hunt and blow all these non-local deer hunter's sets. Retarded amount of standby hunters. Time to make it a crappy place to deer hunt. Thanks Bones!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
AdventureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 01:18 PM   #11155
Rojobeard
Nubbin' Buck
 
Rojobeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Academy texas
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureBoy View Post
Get out there and hog hunt and blow all these non-local deer hunter's sets. Retarded amount of standby hunters. Time to make it a crappy place to deer hunt. Thanks Bones!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Need some group drives push some pigs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Rojobeard is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 05:21 PM   #11156
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureBoy View Post
Get out there and hog hunt and blow all these non-local deer hunter's sets. Retarded amount of standby hunters. Time to make it a crappy place to deer hunt. Thanks Bones!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
got some newbys that ain't bright enough to shut their mouths either
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 12:11 AM   #11157
NAVY CHIEF
Ten Point
 
NAVY CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HUTTO, TX
Hunt In: GRANGER LAKE, TX 25 YEARS/COLORADO 3 YEARS
Default

I seen that. Poor rookies!
NAVY CHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #11158
NxSTexan
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
got some newbys that ain't bright enough to shut their mouths either


And still others acting like this is a scene from West side story protecting turf. I'm a rookie and got into plenty of animals. Didn't stick anything this weekend, but I'll be back. Go in on private land if you aren't willing to share. We're all dropping coin on these draws and that keeps this going.
Perspective, maybe the rookies blow all the chances and these deer mature even further to see another season. Antlers grow year over year, but you knew that already.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NxSTexan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 01:17 PM   #11159
txhushlife
Four Point
 
txhushlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hutto
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxSTexan View Post
And still others acting like this is a scene from West side story protecting turf. I'm a rookie and got into plenty of animals. Didn't stick anything this weekend, but I'll be back. Go in on private land if you aren't willing to share. We're all dropping coin on these draws and that keeps this going.
Perspective, maybe the rookies blow all the chances and these deer mature even further to see another season. Antlers grow year over year, but you knew that already.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant stand to see people just acting negative towards others in the hunting world, unbelievable. I was out there Saturday evening in a unit and have never seen so many deer herded together like they were ever in my life, it was not 10 or 15, it was literally 40+. If anything for those that cry over not getting drawn should take sometime to help and encourage those that did get drawn to take as many deer as possible, management is needed bad out there. Help out another hunter or just keep your negativity to yourself. it doesn't help anything and just shows how much of a sore loser someone can be. a lot of people don't get the idea that we are all on the same team.
txhushlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #11160
Fthoodtanker
Four Point
 
Fthoodtanker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Hutto
Hunt In: anywhere i can find
Default

I am one of the ones that didnt get drawn. But not being negative at all towards anyone. I wish the best of luck to y'all. Let your those arrows fly straight and true. Love seening pics posted on here of the ones that stick some. Good luck y'all

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Fthoodtanker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 02:53 PM   #11161
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureBoy View Post
Get out there and hog hunt and blow all these non-local deer hunter's sets. Retarded amount of standby hunters. Time to make it a crappy place to deer hunt. Thanks Bones!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Granger belongs to everyone in the US, local or not. Doesn't matter what we think about it.

Not really a good idea to put a permanent record of calling for hunter harassment on the interwebs...
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 03:47 PM   #11162
AdventureBoy
Eight Point
 
AdventureBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Granger, Somerville, Luminant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Granger belongs to everyone in the US, local or not. Doesn't matter what we think about it.

Not really a good idea to put a permanent record of calling for hunter harassment on the interwebs...
Hunting is not harassing hunters. I have the right to stalk the ground as they do to sit in a tree.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
AdventureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 03:50 PM   #11163
Sneaky
Pope & Young
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Marcos
Hunt In: Hays, Milam, Caldwell, Hamilton, Burnet, Williamson, Bastrop
Default

Basic respect for other hunters has always been an elusive concept for you. It's no wonder why things are the way that they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureBoy View Post
Hunting is not harassing hunters. I have the right to stalk the ground as they do to sit in a tree.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 03:50 PM   #11164
NxSTexan
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureBoy View Post
Hunting is not harassing hunters. I have the right to stalk the ground as they do to sit in a tree.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


Don't think that's what he meant. There's fellers in here and the other thread making comments about people keeping their mouths shut and such. As you've probably read.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NxSTexan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 03:59 PM   #11165
travisn321
Four Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Fort Worth
Default "OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Typical example of a few bad apples making an entire community look bad, that being the hunting community this time.

Whether itís a guy on his first hunt or someone thatís been out there for 50 years shouldnít we all be working together?

Thatís what a decent person would do.....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
travisn321 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 04:01 PM   #11166
Sneaky
Pope & Young
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Marcos
Hunt In: Hays, Milam, Caldwell, Hamilton, Burnet, Williamson, Bastrop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisn321 View Post
Typical example of a few bad apples making an entire community look bad, that being the hunting community this time.

Whether itís a guy on his first hunt or someone thatís been out there for 50 years shouldnít we all be working together?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. We should congratulate those who drew, and regardless of where you're from, not threaten to purposefully ruin hunts and make a public hunting ground hostile to non-locals. It's called being a good sport and a good person.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 04:07 PM   #11167
AdventureBoy
Eight Point
 
AdventureBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Granger, Somerville, Luminant
Default

[quote=Sneaky;13722973]Exactly. We should congratulate those who drew, and regardless of where you're from, not threaten to purposefully ruin hunts and make a public hunting ground hostile to non-locals. It's called being a good sport and a good person.

Actually let me edit that... says the guy who bashes every rookie hunter on other social media platforms. May not be a good sport, but I'm a hell of a better person than you are.

Last edited by AdventureBoy; 10-22-2018 at 04:13 PM.
AdventureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 04:07 PM   #11168
AdventureBoy
Eight Point
 
AdventureBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Granger, Somerville, Luminant
Default

[quote=Sneaky;13722912]Basic respect for other hunters has always been an elusive concept for you. It's no wonder why things are the way that they are.

There you go again replying where you should hold your tongue. Things are the way they are because of you and you alone. Get a life.

Last edited by AdventureBoy; 10-22-2018 at 04:14 PM.
AdventureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 04:25 PM   #11169
AdventureBoy
Eight Point
 
AdventureBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Granger, Somerville, Luminant
Default

Sociopath
Sociopaths are people who have little to no conscience. They will lie, cheat, steal and manipulate others for their own benefit. They know exactly what they are doing, they just don't care because they don't think that way. If you are naive enough, they will brainwash you into doing exactly what they say and what they want which is the only time a sociopath is truly happy.
Sociopaths can hide this well if you haven't known them for long. They're really nice and charming at first, almost too nice, but it's extremely fake. The niceness will last until a problem occurs in which they are at fault however, you will be manipulated to believe that you are in the wrong. There is no reasoning with this person. Things have to be their way or it's the highway. They will blame you for hurting them (even if they're the ones who hurt you) or blame the world for all their problems (knowing full well they do ****ty things in general). They are compulsive liars and even if they do apologize, it's never genuine. Most are anti social and have few to no friends because most people around them don't want to associate with them. However the sociopath will again tell you that "people hate me for no reason/the world is against me". The only person who will put up with a sociopath is someone who is off their rocker or someone who has absolutely no self respect, or both of those two combined.
AdventureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 04:39 PM   #11170
AdventureBoy
Eight Point
 
AdventureBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Granger, Somerville, Luminant
Default

To everyone else, this was obviously a joke. I would never intentionally ruin someone hunt.
AdventureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 04:46 PM   #11171
txhushlife
Four Point
 
txhushlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hutto
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureBoy View Post
Sociopath
Sociopaths are people who have little to no conscience. They will lie, cheat, steal and manipulate others for their own benefit. They know exactly what they are doing, they just don't care because they don't think that way. If you are naive enough, they will brainwash you into doing exactly what they say and what they want which is the only time a sociopath is truly happy.
Sociopaths can hide this well if you haven't known them for long. They're really nice and charming at first, almost too nice, but it's extremely fake. The niceness will last until a problem occurs in which they are at fault however, you will be manipulated to believe that you are in the wrong. There is no reasoning with this person. Things have to be their way or it's the highway. They will blame you for hurting them (even if they're the ones who hurt you) or blame the world for all their problems (knowing full well they do ****ty things in general). They are compulsive liars and even if they do apologize, it's never genuine. Most are anti social and have few to no friends because most people around them don't want to associate with them. However the sociopath will again tell you that "people hate me for no reason/the world is against me". The only person who will put up with a sociopath is someone who is off their rocker or someone who has absolutely no self respect, or both of those two combined.

i think you just have a lack of understanding the "community," aspect the hunting world should have. I've had people send me messages looking for help on certain draw areas i was fortunate enough to hunt in the past and i wasn't a local, and when i was asking for help there were lots of locals reaching out to help me as well. what goes around comes around and you obviously cant grasp that concept. you got triggered cause you didn't get drawn and threaten to ruin others hunts to satisfy your loss of not getting drawn. just showing your true character and its pathetic.
txhushlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 04:53 PM   #11172
AdventureBoy
Eight Point
 
AdventureBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Granger, Somerville, Luminant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhushlife View Post
i think you just have a lack of understanding the "community," aspect the hunting world should have. I've had people send me messages looking for help on certain draw areas i was fortunate enough to hunt in the past and i wasn't a local, and when i was asking for help there were lots of locals reaching out to help me as well. what goes around comes around and you obviously cant grasp that concept. you got triggered cause you didn't get drawn and threaten to ruin others hunts to satisfy your loss of not getting drawn. just showing your true character and its pathetic.
If you say so. You have never met me or asked me for info. I'd be the first to send you stand locations or take you out myself, but go ahead and believe that other guy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
AdventureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 04:55 PM   #11173
txhushlife
Four Point
 
txhushlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hutto
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureBoy View Post
Get out there and hog hunt and blow all these non-local deer hunter's sets. Retarded amount of standby hunters. Time to make it a crappy place to deer hunt. Thanks Bones!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
hmmm
txhushlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 04:56 PM   #11174
txhushlife
Four Point
 
txhushlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hutto
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureBoy View Post
Hunting is not harassing hunters. I have the right to stalk the ground as they do to sit in a tree.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
yeah, the other guys
txhushlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 04:57 PM   #11175
NxSTexan
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureBoy View Post
Sociopath
Sociopaths are people who have little to no conscience. They will lie, cheat, steal and manipulate others for their own benefit. They know exactly what they are doing, they just don't care because they don't think that way. If you are naive enough, they will brainwash you into doing exactly what they say and what they want which is the only time a sociopath is truly happy.
Sociopaths can hide this well if you haven't known them for long. They're really nice and charming at first, almost too nice, but it's extremely fake. The niceness will last until a problem occurs in which they are at fault however, you will be manipulated to believe that you are in the wrong. There is no reasoning with this person. Things have to be their way or it's the highway. They will blame you for hurting them (even if they're the ones who hurt you) or blame the world for all their problems (knowing full well they do ****ty things in general). They are compulsive liars and even if they do apologize, it's never genuine. Most are anti social and have few to no friends because most people around them don't want to associate with them. However the sociopath will again tell you that "people hate me for no reason/the world is against me". The only person who will put up with a sociopath is someone who is off their rocker or someone who has absolutely no self respect, or both of those two combined.


What are you on about? Sociopathy? No one wants a psych lesson. No disrespect but that was a long winded, rant about nothing related. Whatever is going on between you and Sneaky, PM each other or just bite your tongue.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NxSTexan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 04:58 PM   #11176
AdventureBoy
Eight Point
 
AdventureBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Granger, Somerville, Luminant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhushlife View Post
yeah, the other guys
The first was a joke and the second is fact, I do have just as much a right to hog hunt and the drawn hunters do to deer hunt. With that said, I don't hunt hogs till the winter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
AdventureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 05:07 PM   #11177
AdventureBoy
Eight Point
 
AdventureBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Granger, Somerville, Luminant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxSTexan View Post
What are you on about? Sociopathy? No one wants a psych lesson. No disrespect but that was a long winded, rant about nothing related. Whatever is going on between you and Sneaky, PM each other or just bite your tongue.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wish he would bite his tongue, but he's not capable. Anyway good luck out there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
AdventureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 05:25 PM   #11178
NxSTexan
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureBoy View Post
Wish he would bite his tongue, but he's not capable. Anyway good luck out there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


Appreciated. I could use it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NxSTexan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 11:03 PM   #11179
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxSTexan View Post
Don't think that's what he meant. There's fellers in here and the other thread making comments about people keeping their mouths shut and such. As you've probably read.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep be smart and keep your mouth shut about Granger. There s a reason there was over 300 people at standby...idiots that like to come on the internet and brag. Used to be 100 people putting in for the entire draw now there's 1000s because of the internet. Went from a pretty much well kept secret to what we have today out there.
Really don't give a **** if you or anybody else doesn't like what I have to say about it just like I'm sure you don't care what I have to say. You would think some of you would be a little smarter than y'all are....less you talk about it less people put in for the draw more chances of you being drawn. Guess it's difficult for some to comprehend. Hate seeing a place I have hunted for the past 20 years turn into what it has today.

Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 10-22-2018 at 11:06 PM.
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 11:23 PM   #11180
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisn321 View Post
Typical example of a few bad apples making an entire community look bad, that being the hunting community this time.

Whether itís a guy on his first hunt or someone thatís been out there for 50 years shouldnít we all be working together?

Thatís what a decent person would do.....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've made the mistake of helping people out there before and it came back to bite me. Never again unless it's someone who is willing to put in the work do what it takes and keep their **** mouth shut about what the see. Tell someone one thing next thing you know they tell their friends then they tell their buddy's. Then there's stands all over an area for the next few years. Just like fishing spots you can ruin it by telling one person. Learned those lessons the hard way took me a few times getting burned but I figured it out.

Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 10-22-2018 at 11:33 PM.
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 11:41 PM   #11181
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxSTexan View Post
And still others acting like this is a scene from West side story protecting turf. I'm a rookie and got into plenty of animals. Didn't stick anything this weekend, but I'll be back. Go in on private land if you aren't willing to share. We're all dropping coin on these draws and that keeps this going.
Perspective, maybe the rookies blow all the chances and these deer mature even further to see another season. Antlers grow year over year, but you knew that already.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just go hunt and don't worry about me bud I can walk out my back door and kill axis bb red stag fallow and Oryx. I have access to private land that borders granger that I hunt as well. Would gladly not hunt any of it for a chance to hunt the 1000s of acres out there. Just go hunt and try to kill some deer don't be like most of the draw hunters thay hunt a few times and say to hell with it. There's a reason the kill numbers have went way down the past couples years compared to what they were.
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2018, 11:44 PM   #11182
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Oh and back to hog hunting...you deer hunters got your own thread.

Killed a 200+ pound boar out there sat evening after the draw. Figured might as well since I have been feeding him the past month. He was a Barr hog as well and something I didn't think I would see out there.
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 08:46 AM   #11183
NxSTexan
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Default

Really don't give a **** if you or anybody else doesn't like what I have to say about it just like I'm sure you don't care what I have to say. You would think some of you would be a little smarter than y'all are....less you talk about it less people put in for the draw more chances of you being drawn. Guess it's difficult for some to comprehend...[/QUOTE]


Makes me no nevermind if you do or don't like it. And I'm not worried about you. I've got enough to think about as a first timer. This is a bow Hunter forum, and I have no idea how many members it has but people learn about this one way or another. The more people tell adult males to not do something the more they're likely to.
I haven't been doing this long but there is a code I've come to understand already. I've been fortunate to have people share info with me but that didn't guarantee anything. I came up empty. But that area is covered in deer. Last year's harvest numbers weren't so good considering the amount of tags they were prepared to give out (80 deer out of >200 tags). Genetics will get diluted and bucks will get smaller. Those deer need getting is all I'm saying. It's a management hunt.
You're blessed to have acces to all those fine animals. My two cents which are worth just that as a rookie, share the areas and what to look for, not the exact stands unless you know you can trust that person. Those who blow that confidence can eat a bag of ----s. That takes time and risk. It is what it is. But we can't get cynical about it. This thread is evidence of what happens when we do.
God bless and godspeed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NxSTexan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #11184
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxSTexan View Post
Really don't give a **** if you or anybody else doesn't like what I have to say about it just like I'm sure you don't care what I have to say. You would think some of you would be a little smarter than y'all are....less you talk about it less people put in for the draw more chances of you being drawn. Guess it's difficult for some to comprehend...

Makes me no nevermind if you do or don't like it. And I'm not worried about you. I've got enough to think about as a first timer. This is a bow Hunter forum, and I have no idea how many members it has but people learn about this one way or another. The more people tell adult males to not do something the more they're likely to.
I haven't been doing this long but there is a code I've come to understand already. I've been fortunate to have people share info with me but that didn't guarantee anything. I came up empty. But that area is covered in deer. Last year's harvest numbers weren't so good considering the amount of tags they were prepared to give out (80 deer out of >200 tags). Genetics will get diluted and bucks will get smaller. Those deer need getting is all I'm saying. It's a management hunt.
You're blessed to have acces to all those fine animals. My two cents which are worth just that as a rookie, share the areas and what to look for, not the exact stands unless you know you can trust that person. Those who blow that confidence can eat a bag of ----s. That takes time and risk. It is what it is. But we can't get cynical about it. This thread is evidence of what happens when we do.
God bless and godspeed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Good luck out there this season and enjoy the place as much as you can. Take full advantage of the opportunity you were given.
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #11185
txhushlife
Four Point
 
txhushlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hutto
Hunt In: Texas
Default

I'm still going to talk about, and take new people out there, and help people when they ask for advice, and show them spots that have a lot of potential, and talk about how many deer are out there, and utilize public hunting for my benefit and to show others the benefit it has. If you get upset about people talking about it then why would you join a hunting forum where discussion is about deer, hogs, locations, hunting........pretty hypocritical mindset
txhushlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 10:29 AM   #11186
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhushlife View Post
I'm still going to talk about, and take new people out there, and help people when they ask for advice, and show them spots that have a lot of potential, and talk about how many deer are out there, and utilize public hunting for my benefit and to show others the benefit it has. If you get upset about people talking about it then why would you join a hunting forum where discussion is about deer, hogs, locations, hunting........pretty hypocritical mindset
Good for you and I'll still call you a dip **** for doing it I wouldn't expect anytning else from someone like yourself. I joined TBH because I enjoy hunting not to share every piece of info I have gained over the years. Shouldn't be that hard to understand but I see it is for you.

Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 10-23-2018 at 10:35 AM.
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 12:05 PM   #11187
txhushlife
Four Point
 
txhushlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hutto
Hunt In: Texas
Default

hmm, name calling...mature. If you would like some examples of what working together as hunters looks like why don't you go check out the Twin Buttes thread.....give you a good look on people in it for the joy of hunting and comradery. You just seem confused.
txhushlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 12:12 PM   #11188
Danimal14
Ten Point
 
Danimal14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: pflugerville
Hunt In: anywhere freinds will take me and granger phl
Default

I think there is lots of come camaraderie just look at Grange Ranger extreme hunt... I think the problem people see on this thread is the number of eyes on it... personally I like the info and doesnít matter what info you have you still have to put in the work Granger isnít exactly an easy place to hunt


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danimal14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #11189
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhushlife View Post
hmm, name calling...mature. If you would like some examples of what working together as hunters looks like why don't you go check out the Twin Buttes thread.....give you a good look on people in it for the joy of hunting and comradery. You just seem confused.
Not confused at all. I don't need or want to work with anybody I think you might be the one that's confused of you think I give a **** about that. I have a close knit group I hunt with out there and that's it. Nobody besides them helped me learn what I have out there helped me drag out deer helped me do a thing. So fend for yourself I know that's becoming a thing of the past for some.
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 01:00 PM   #11190
txhushlife
Four Point
 
txhushlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hutto
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Cause that's what will help out the hunting community, industry, and public land opportunities.
txhushlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #11191
travisn321
Four Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Fort Worth
Default "OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
Good for you and I'll still call you a dip **** for doing it I wouldn't expect anytning else from someone like yourself. I joined TBH because I enjoy hunting not to share every piece of info I have gained over the years. Shouldn't be that hard to understand but I see it is for you.


Because you learned it all on your own right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
travisn321 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 01:14 PM   #11192
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhushlife View Post
Cause that's what will help out the hunting community, industry, and public land opportunities.
Yep that's what I'm worried about don't worry your doing enough for all of us! Do You want a pat on the back or an atta boy?! You are the one that's confused for sure.
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #11193
jwells93
Spike
 
jwells93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston
Default

Thatís a pretty good idea
jwells93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 01:30 PM   #11194
NxSTexan
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal14 View Post
I think there is lots of come camaraderie just look at Grange Ranger extreme hunt... I think the problem people see on this thread is the number of eyes on it... personally I like the info and doesnít matter what info you have you still have to put in the work Granger isnít exactly an easy place to hunt


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


This is righteous. I've had help and great information. Didn't guarantee anything. My buddy had a shot and as is wont to happen when flinging arras, ish happened. Lots to do after finding these animals.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NxSTexan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 01:33 PM   #11195
TexOddball
Spike
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Travis Co, public all over
Default

Jeeez-sus! Somebody break out the Midol for this thread!
TexOddball is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2018, 08:25 PM   #11196
Castblast
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexOddball View Post
Jeeez-sus! Somebody break out the Midol for this thread!
Yes! Hahahaha!
Castblast is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #11197
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexOddball View Post
Jeeez-sus! Somebody break out the Midol for this thread!
Not strong enough for the extreme Sandivaginitis going on in here...lol
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:00 PM   #11198
hopedale
Ten Point
 
hopedale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Williamson county
Hunt In: WMAs
Default My buddy's first granger pig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
Big boar! With the lake being 10 ft high. The hogs are out in the open! Prob saw 40 or so! I missed two pokes on a boar and a group of 50 pounders and my bud Solomon put in a 50 yd Texas heart shot on this 230 pound boar! His first at granger. Crossbow!

Congrats to your buddy.
hopedale is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #11199
txhushlife
Four Point
 
txhushlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hutto
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexOddball View Post
Jeeez-sus! Somebody break out the Midol for this thread!
Its irritating to see people acting in negative ways towards other hunters and other people period. no pun intended....but really everyone should just respect each other in the hunting world and try the best to get along and treat each other with respect as well as respecting the fact that we share land that anyone can hunt on.
txhushlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:53 PM   #11200
NAVY CHIEF
Ten Point
 
NAVY CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HUTTO, TX
Hunt In: GRANGER LAKE, TX 25 YEARS/COLORADO 3 YEARS
Default

On another note I'm headed to shoot me a granger piggie! Im gonna let the big ones walk by so I can shoot a whole pit smoker!! About to leave my house shortly. Pigs will move all day. Prob saw 20 or so yesterday! Sore finger is flooded so they are up high in the knee high weeds!!!!
NAVY CHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com