Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabelas credit card change to Capital One...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
    Don't know what to tell you then. I'm positive that I read something that said there would be an interruption of mailed in payments during the transition. I've always paid online though, so it was pretty painless for me.

The"interruption" was for two days I believe. There's a difference between interruption and not accepting anymore.

Comment

Who in the world mails checks anymore? [emoji16]

I just paid them a large sum of money but online and credited the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
        I actually like the new change. the online banking is much nicer and can see your points balance. But yes a PIA if you didn't catch it in time.

Speaking of the points, it also appears to accrue daily and not once a month like it used to.

Look at your points balance a few days apart.

Comment

People mail checks still? I havn't had a check book in 10 years....100% serious!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Who in the world mails checks anymore? [emoji16]

I just paid them a large sum of money but online and credited the same day.

I'm an old fart that just always paid them with a check. I have so many apps, passwords, online accounts that the thought of having another one to keep up with makes smoke come out my ears. I do think it will be fine though, just an old habit I need to break. I still pay the majority of my bills with check for my business though. I spend way over $100K/year on the cabelas card and pay it off every month so I was pretty ticked to get a past due call on a Sunday evening. I'll get over it.

Comment

Mine was a hassle and still not resolved. Went to Cap 1 to set up my new online access...their credit card number doesn’t match my credit card number, so it wouldn’t let me verify to finish online access. Called Cabelas and they said “due to high volume” something or other and sent me back to their automated message center. ****** me off. Had to make a payment via phone. I’ll be canceling this credit card next month

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                I'm an old fart that just always paid them with a check. I have so many apps, passwords, online accounts that the thought of having another one to keep up with makes smoke come out my ears. I do think it will be fine though, just an old habit I need to break. I still pay the majority of my bills with check for my business though. I spend way over $100K/year on the cabelas card and pay it off every month so I was pretty ticked to get a past due call on a Sunday evening. I'll get over it.

I pay everything through my bank’s online banking. They are set up to transfer funds electronically so the payment posts on the day I want it to pay.

No reason to need to know another password.

Comment

I pay everything through my bank’s online banking. They are set up to transfer funds electronically so the payment posts on the day I want it to pay.

No reason to need to know another password.

I'm pretty sure if I set up online banking to pay bills with I'll need another password for the online banking.

Comment

I'm pretty sure if I set up online banking to pay bills with I'll need another password for the online banking.

Oh dang! I thought everybody at least looked at their bank accounts online, LOL. [emoji23]

Comment

Oh dang! I thought everybody at least looked at their bank accounts online, LOL. [emoji23]

I told you I have old fart habits.

Comment

I pay everything through my bank’s online banking. They are set up to transfer funds electronically so the payment posts on the day I want it to pay...
                        I have a couple of notes @ one bank that I pay with another (major, very well known) bank's bill-pay service since they are my primary bank and I have my most-used checking account/savings accounts there. They send paper checks to the other bank! That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard of. I couldn't believe it after I had a problem one time with the payment not being received by the time it was due, and was told that by my primary bank. Still unbelievable.

Comment

I had over $225 in points with them,
                          Now that they've transferred to capital one, It shows I have zero points.
                          I went in to buy a firearm yesterday and would have been out of pocket
                          $80 after a price match plus my points.
                          They told me I had zero points. And they couldn't fix it.
                          They did acknowledge that since the transfer to capital one, customer's points have been "lost"

Comment

Why when they mail me a statement every month!

Put me in the not happy with capital one crowd. Also if you have auto drafts make sure thats up to date!

Comment

I fell victim also! But its all squared away now.

Mine is Bass Pro tho and not Cabelas. I still have my points

Comment

Capital One called me yesterday evening while I was having dinner with the wife at a restaurant. They told me my account is past due and we needed to figure out how to get it current. I told them I mailed a check when I was supposed to and she said that it went to Cabelas and they shredded it. I threw a little hissy fit about my account showing I was past due for the first time ever. They took off the late fee but I was pretty ticked. Anyway, went online this morning and made the payment. Hopefully whoever got my first check did shred it.
                                Only grandmas use checks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X