Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    [ATTACH]929412[/ATTACH]

This monster flood is far from over. Doghouse took this in mills Cnty.

Pretty sure I lost a nice gun blind in this one possibly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
      Any idea if Llano river bridge off 87 did ok? My relatives place is there off willow creek rd and hes worried it might have gotten his new ranch house
      Go to FB and post on Hillcountry Scanner

Comment

Originally posted by Hendo View Post
        Pretty sure I lost a nice gun blind in this one possibly!

We have a cabin on the river but I think it would have to get to 45ft before we lose it. Our two places start to bottleneck for about 1.5 before it spreads back out . The pecan bayou comes out about a mile above mark and merges with Colorado . When both in flood mode is when it gets real high

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          We have a cabin on the river but I think it would have to get to 45ft before we lose it. Our two places start to bottleneck for about 1.5 before it spreads back out . The pecan bayou comes out about a mile above mark and merges with Colorado . When both in flood mode is when it gets real high

I’m headed there this weekend to fill feeders and check on things so we will see. 29ft seems like it may get to the elevated blind I had but I’m not that familiar with the flood zones there.

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
            It's only about 2-3 feet higher at the upper end of the Lake Austin, it can take more more sure. LCRA is finally pulling their heads out of their asses and opening 4 more Gates @ Mansfield by noon tomorrow. That will be 8 total open on Travis which will be a new record. I have an old movie from the '91 flood that I will post to YouTube and share here a little later tonight.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I wasn't sure how much water they could move through town without flooding it.

Originally posted by Sika View Post
            I was able to get to the house today and, amazingly, the flood did not get inside...but it got **** close. You can see the water damage to the door. A few inches of carpet just inside there was damp. There’s mud on the porch. The AC unit is toast and we lost 3 trees.

The amount of debris is staggering. It looks like a tornado went through there. Trees uprooted and stripped. The pics don’t do it justice. It’s a huge mess and it will take awhile to clean up.

I'm very glad you guys were spared from serious wreckage.

Comment

Could have been worse...there could be a boat on the back porch

Click image for larger version

Name:	kingsland.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	24556555
              Last edited by Sika; 10-17-2018, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                Could have been worse...there could be a boat on the back porch

[ATTACH]929426[/ATTACH]

I saw that on Twitter, you can't make it up...

Comment

Here is the link to the '91 flood.

Comment

Crazy amounts of water. Prayers for those affected!
                    Last edited by Btoutdoors; 10-17-2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Thanks, I wasn't sure how much water they could move through town without flooding it.

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                      Here is the link to the '91 flood.

I remember it very well. Some relatives had a lakehouse on Travis. It was way up high on a bluff and the water was up to the second story of their home. Still one of the craziest things I've ever seen.

Comment

As mentioned before I've grown up in Burnet and Llano Cnty . I graduated HS from llano , hearing of friends and their families that have lost almost everything is breaking my heart. We have more coming. This flood is devastating and will take years to recover. I hear from them and cry. We probably have one more wave from Buch and llano and I can't imagine the carnange

Comment

Prayers sent for all involved.

Comment

Any idea if Llano river bridge off 87 did ok? My relatives place is there off willow creek rd and hes worried it might have gotten his new ranch house
                            The bridge is fine. It didn’t get near as high there as it did in Llano. My parents are the camp supervisors at Camp Gene Ashby on Lower Willow Creek road and I was born and raised there. How far down is there place?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

This is exactly what I was asking yesterday about Austin’s ability to release vs that of Travis.

If Travis gets forced to release at max capacity can the lakes down stream keep up?

Comment

So far so good. Off 152 and so far river hasn’t breeched yet, so I’m told.

Comment

Working...
                                X