No announcement yet.

Do not buy from 3rd party at Walmart.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walmart processes lots of vendors for online sales and takes a fraction of the profit. It's a way for them to expand their greedy fingers.

Comment

Great, I just bought a Covert trail cam from them and it comes on, then turns off. I was planning on taking it back tomorrow. Guess I better get ready for a fight because it came from a 3rd party.

Comment

Walmart,Amazon and everything on Alibaba is loaded with fakes. Many times they copy the packaging completely. A lot of fake broadheads, arrows and other archery items sold on amazon are completely fake.

I have stopped ordering most items from those sites and either pay a bit more locally when I can which is not often due to having to drive 100 to 200 hundred miles round trip or order direct from the company making the product.

I don't know about Walmart but I know if you report a fake to Amazon they will remove the seller but then let them setup the same day under a new name selling the exact same products. And almost all art sold on Amazon is stolen, there are a few exceptions but not many.

Comment

Knock-off DRT and TrophyRidge Broadheads are bring sold on EBAy and Amazon right now. All chinese knock-offs.

Comment

So here is a classic nude see version of how Amazon and Walmart.com can offer so many things for sale.

They both, along with almost all other on line retailers, show a product and source it from the lowest cost provider. That way they don't have to stock millions of physical items on the thought that someone somewhere might buy 1.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks a Walmart store should have anything to do with any product bought on Walmart.com. They have two entirely different business models and financing. So that is why a store is not and should not be responsible for returning anything bought on line.

In this case they did to get the op to just leave. Which IMO he was wrong for raising so much crap with store employees. They were doing exactly what they were supposed to do.

Great pricing comes with great risk sometimes, and no, you cannot have first run name brand items at a fraction of the cost just because you but get it on line.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
              So here is a classic nude see version of how Amazon and Walmart.com can offer so many things for sale.

They both, along with almost all other on line retailers, show a product and source it from the lowest cost provider. That way they don't have to stock millions of physical items on the thought that someone somewhere might buy 1.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks a Walmart store should have anything to do with any product bought on Walmart.com. They have two entirely different business models and financing. So that is why a store is not and should not be responsible for returning anything bought on line.

In this case they did to get the op to just leave. Which IMO he was wrong for raising so much crap with store employees. They were doing exactly what they were supposed to do.

Great pricing comes with great risk sometimes, and no, you cannot have first run name brand items at a fraction of the cost just because you but get it on line.
              Well, now I know and understand what Walmart is doing...which is why i started this thread. I want others to know the shell game that is going on. You say that Walmart is not complicit in selling counterfeit items...but they are listed on Walmart’s website and it is Walmart who took my money. In my humble opinion, they should take responsibility for selling me a fake and leaving me hanging. You are welcome to disagree. $100 is a lot of money for me, you may differ, but I was not going to have a $100 stolen from me.

Comment

Dang, I literally just bought arrows and broadheads from Amazon ��

Comment

Amazon does the exact same thing, gotta read a little on the websites about third party purchases. Walmart stores only return walmart.com items, 3rd party returns go back to the 3rd party. There is a whole marketplace return page for info on their 3rd party sellers. I bought something off amazon that wasn't as described and had to do it through the seller and not Amazon. Raising hell and yelling in any store just to get your way is ridiculous. But hey, why follow processes?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                    Amazon does the exact same thing, gotta read a little on the websites about third party purchases. Walmart stores only return walmart.com items, 3rd party returns go back to the 3rd party. There is a whole marketplace return page for info on their 3rd party sellers. I bought something off amazon that wasn't as described and had to do it through the seller and not Amazon. Raising hell and yelling in any store just to get your way is ridiculous. But hey, why follow processes?
                    Why raise hell? The third party that I purchased the speaker from, through Walmart, did not have several things:

1) they did not have a website
                    2) they did not have an answering machine
                    3) they did not have a number that ANYONE would answer
                    4) didn’t have a physical location in the US
                    5) didn’t provide a receipt or charge tax

How was I supposed to get the item returned and from who? Do you really believe that a company who was selling counterfeit electronics was willing to return my money and make amends?

Walmart is peddling fake counterfeit merchandise through THEIR website. Please explain how they are not responsible just because they say they are not responsible. What they are doing is proving an outlet for people to break the law and steal from consumers. What process would you have me go through that appeases your sensibilities?
                    Last edited by Shinesintx; 09-09-2018, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I guess you could have started here. Then if that didn't work maybe contact walmart.com. Since they took your money and allowed you to be sold counterfeit merchandise. 3rd party vendors have different sets of rules on any retailers website.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                        Why raise hell? The third party that I purchased the speaker from, through Walmart, did not have several things:

1) they did not have a website
                        2) they did not have an answering machine
                        3) they did not have a number that ANYONE would answer
                        4) didn’t have a physical location in the US
                        5) didn’t provide a receipt or charge tax

How was I supposed to get the item returned and from who? Do you really believe that a company who was selling counterfeit electronics was willing to return my money and make amends?

Walmart is peddling fake counterfeit merchandise through THEIR website. Please explain how they are not responsible just because they say they are not responsible. What they are doing is proving an outlet for people to break the law and steal from consumers. What process would you have me go through that appeases your sensibilities?
                        Those kids in the crossroads Walmart you were yelling at took none of your money. Why do they deserve to be berated by you because you won't follow the proper procedure to get your money back?

Walmart is not doing anything different than any other company that offers millions of items for sale at seemingly too good to be true prices. Would you go to Amazon and yell at them if you got a fake item? No you would not, you would follow their established procedures nod contact the vendor for your money back.

I am not diminishing the amount you paid for this item nor the importance of using your hard earned money as you choose. What I am saying is that you were wrong for taking it out on people who had zero input to your problem, and zero ability to fix it. You could have done the right thing and followed the steps lined out in the post above. And waited a little bit for your money back to go pay full retail for the item you wanted to begin with.

Comment

Wow. The OP was bamboozled and went to take care of the issue the way Walmart’s typical business model works. Buy it and bring it back if you don’t like it. Can’t say I’ve ever bought anything from Walmart.com. Guess that I won’t now. Thanks OP.

Comment

Wow....couple of folks on here, sure do have their nads in a knot, over some criticism of Walmart. You'd almost think they must work there, or something

Comment

Working...
                            X