TPWD Bowhunter Education, Field Day Course, two courses in August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Bowhunter Education, Field Day Course, two courses in August

Throwing this out. TPWD Bowhunter Education courses, 4-5 August 2018.

Instructor lineup is myself, RGB, WCB, and possibly MarlinMears.

First up is a two day full course, both Saturday and Sunday 4-5 August 2018.
    Cinnamon Creek Archery (Event Center), Saturday and Sunday 4-5 August 2018. Address-13794 Old Denton Rd. Roanoke, TX 76262. Start time of 0830 sharp both days.

The two day course is suitable for all experience levels, however, if you have a good bit of field time as a bowhunter you may find the classroom environment “boring”.

Note that TPWD is using a new registration system, this system will require you to register online using the TPWD website.

NOTE- You will also need to attend the second day (Sunday 5 August 2018) to complete your field day.

The Saturday session will be from 8:30am until 3 or 4pm. Sunday sessions will be from 0830am until 1 or 2pm. The full course entails 12 hours.

The Saturday session will be entirely indoors, for the Field Day session (Sunday), dress appropriately as we’ll be outside. I’d suggest sturdy shoes/boots, insect repellant, hat, etc. We will have a short session on the archery range for those that will want to shoot, if so- you’ll need your archery equipment both days (field points only-NO broadheads). If you want to shoot but have no equipment let me know and we’ll see if we can locate some. It is not mandatory that you shoot to successfully complete the course.

We will have water available. For the Saturday session we will break for lunch, Sunday session we may go straight through so you may want to bring a snack and soda. For all participants the fee will be $15.00 as published by the Texas Parks and Wildlife. Cash is preferred, checks are acceptable.

Let me know if anyone needs handicapped access, as well as if there will be any youth/children attending with you. Neither is a problem, in fact it’s encouraged, but we like to know in advance. Minimum age for certification is 12 years old.

We will need a minimum of 5 participants to conduct the two day course and the deadline for registration will be Friday 20 July 2018. If this course needs cancelling you can enroll in a field day only course that will be conducted Sunday 5 August 2018. Contact information is Doug Lambert at 817-223-2839 or DHL-Archery@sbcglobal.net, or PM me.

Second up is a Field Day only course, Sunday 5 August 2018.

Bowhunter Education course at Cinnamon Creek Archery (Event Center), Sunday 5 August 2018. Address-13794 Old Denton Rd. Roanoke, TX 76262.

The plan is to get started at 0830 sharp. This course is a FIELD DAY only and you must complete the Texas online portion (www.NBEF.org) or http://www.bowhunter-ed.com/texas/ If you do the online- print and bring the Field Day Qualifier form. The online class, qualifier form, and additional payment is not required if you are participating in our Saturday 4 August classroom session.

The link for the signup is- https://tpwd.elementlms.com/course/b...oom-course-43/

The Sunday session will be from 0830am until 1 or 2pm. Depending on the total number of participants and other factors- we may exceed the total hours, and I apologize for this in advance.

For the field day session, dress appropriately as we’ll be outside. I’d suggest sturdy shoes/boots, insect repellant, hat, etc. We will have a short session on the archery range for those that will want to shoot, if so- you’ll need your archery equipment (field points only-NO broadheads). If you want to shoot but have no equipment let me know and we’ll see if we can locate some. It is not mandatory that you shoot to successfully complete the course.

We will have water available. we may go straight through so you may want to bring a snack and soda.

For all participants the fee will be $15.00 as published by the Texas Parks and Wildlife. Cash is preferred, checks are acceptable.

Let me know if anyone needs handicapped access, as well as if there will be any youth/children attending with you. Neither is a problem, in fact it’s encouraged, but we like to know in advance.

Minimum age for certification is 12 years old. Start time again 8:30am (0830).

Contact information is Doug Lambert at 817-223-2839 or DHL-Archery@sbcglobal.net, or PM me.

Thanks for the post. Do you happen to know of any near San Antonio? I cant Find one within 200 miles of here

Comment

No Sir, I'm not aware of any other than our two in Fort Worth and one course in Corsicana.

Comment

Bump for a Sunday evening. We have one attendee for the field day course (Sunday 5 August) and no attendees for the two day course.

Both courses have a signup deadline of Friday 20 July 2018. If there are not 5 enrolled for each course, ready to attend, I will cancel this course. Thanks.

Comment

Monday evening bump. Currently we have one participant in each course, if we don't have a minimum of 5 per each course, I will cancel them. Thanks.

Comment

Only two participants for the two day course (as of today), probably going to cancel the two day course and focus on the Field Day only, Sunday 5 August. Folks that were signed up for both days have been notified of the change. Official cancellation will be this Friday, 20 July.

Thanks.

Comment

I am unable to find just the Field Day registration only. The one that comes up is for the 2 day course.

Comment

X that....i missed it on the post and clicked the correct link this time.

Comment

Thanks BowDude, see you there.

The full two day course is cancelled, only the 5 August field day will be conducted, should have @7 participants at this time.

Comment

Bump on a Wednesday evening.

Comment

I thought the field day had to shoot, that is what was told to me when I took the course in December.

Comment

Bump for Thursday afternoon/evening.

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
                          I thought the field day had to shoot, that is what was told to me when I took the course in December.
                          It's preferable to shoot when the facility will accommodate it. We do courses at some locals that's too big of a pain to get a shoot authorized (State Parks, etc). Additionally, for a field day, most of the participants are fairly proficient in archery, as far as the evaluation- that will come later in the Proficiency Test.

And back up, looks like 6 participants currently, you may even get to hear WCBs buck story.

Comment

Friday morning bump.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                              It's preferable to shoot when the facility will accommodate it. We do courses at some locals that's too big of a pain to get a shoot authorized (State Parks, etc). Additionally, for a field day, most of the participants are fairly proficient in archery, as far as the evaluation- that will come later in the Proficiency Test.

And back up, looks like 6 participants currently, you may even get to hear WCBs buck story.
                              But I may lead you astray on "where" to hunt...

Comment

Working...
                              X