Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    Lots of contractors do what you just described. How do you think plants get built and commissioned/started up? Just because you may not have seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'm not in ops(don't like night shift) but I've spent my entire career in plants both as a contractor and in-house, which is where I'm at now. We rely on contractors to do the jobs we don't want to do and when we need help in he plant. And just because you've spent a few years in a little plant out in west Texas doesn't mean you know it all. It's a big world out there.
    I know that. I work with them. Lol. I'm not saying I'm the best. We always learn new stuff. My point was that lots of folks have sought after skill sets. And I didn't come from a little plant from the start....my current one started off little. Adding a 120mmcf/d train as we speak. Again, my point is that some folks aren't just slinging chain and iron. And it's best to be able to do a wide variety of work. I'm no better than anyone else. I'll dig a ditch if that's what needs to be done. From the little stuff to the big stuff. It all needs to be done. Who do you work for?

I will add that since you've been around operations before, you should know how hard GOOD operators who actually know what they are doing are to find lol. Not saying I'm good or know what I'm doing
    Last edited by trophy8; 09-05-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I'm in the chemical side now. I work for the largest chemical company in the world, BASF in I.E. maintenance. Very stable. Good operators are worth their weight in gold. The ones we don't like are the ones that think they can fix everything. Lol. That's what we have maintenance for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        I'm in the chemical side now. I work for the largest chemical company in the world, BASF in I.E. maintenance. Very stable. Good operators are worth their weight in gold. The ones we don't like are the ones that think they can fix everything. Lol. That's what we have maintenance for.

I started operations with DCP. Same as most companies in that operators don't fix stuff, call I&E, call a mechanic etc. That's fine and dandy but I am 2-3 hours from help most of the time where I am. So 1, I fix it or have someone help walk me through it on the phone and keep production loss to a minimum, or 2, sit on my rear like a lot of operators and wait for "help" and hope they have the right stuff to fix it or we will be waiting a lot longer. I have real good bosses who let us do what we feel safe with within reason and it works well. Me and 1 other experienced operator help keep the wheels on on each of our shifts until help arrives or we fix it. Its certainly unlike any plant I have operated before but for me, I like it much better. Learn a very large variety of things 99% of operators don't get to. Because as you said, most hire contractors to do a lot of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
          I tried sending you a PM but it didn't let me for some odd reason.
          I tried sending you a PM but it says your box is full.

Comment

Any experienced plant operators looking for a job? Amine and cryo. PM me if so

Comment

I have noticed in the Sam Rayburn lake area the work in oil and gas appears to be picking up. I am starting to see a few pads being cleared, more rig noise and unfamiliar faces around the area.

Comment

Just FYI for manufacturing engineers, CNC folks, machinists, etc. NOV in Conroe is hiring at the main manufacturing plant.

The plant is really nice. lots of new mills and CNC equipment. Clean, bright work area. all air conditioned

They have a sign out front at 500 w Conroe park dr; Conroe, Texas 77303

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                  Just FYI for manufacturing engineers, CNC folks, machinists, etc. NOV in Conroe is hiring at the main manufacturing plant.

The plant is really nice. lots of new mills and CNC equipment. Clean, bright work area. all air conditioned

If Bruce Jacobsen is still the GM there I️ would look elsewhere..

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                    If Bruce Jacobsen is still the GM there I️ would look elsewhere..
                    a lot has changed in the last couple years. including that. Linkedin does a good job tracking folks and where they are and where they aren't....

I went through the plant a couple weeks ago, and it's a different world. 7 years ago, I wouldn't really want to take a customer through there. Now I'd enjoy taking the anyone up to CEO of any operator on a plant tour, and they would be impressed.
                    Last edited by kyle1974; 12-05-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Hmm I am looking for something on land. Got a baby on the way and don’t want to be sitting in the middle of the ocean all of my child’s life.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                        Hmm I am looking for something on land. Got a baby on the way and don’t want to be sitting in the middle of the ocean all of my child’s life.

Just a bit of advice and info that I've heard many times out here. The closer you are to the wellhead, the further you are from the layoffs. Your on the right track looking for the lease operator/pumper position. Problem is the most activity is out here in west Texas.

Comment

Good info, thanks. I wish I knew somebody on the inside over there. Been trying to get in contact with someone over there for machining work. I have been unsuccessful in contacting buyers through Linkedin Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                            Just a bit of advice and info that I've heard many times out here. The closer you are to the wellhead, the further you are from the layoffs. Your on the right track looking for the lease operator/pumper position. Problem is the most activity is out here in west Texas.

I am looking at a Subsea Engineer position that is available right now talking to the right people currently. So hoping that goes well

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              Good info, thanks. I wish I knew somebody on the inside over there. Been trying to get in contact with someone over there for machining work. I have been unsuccessful in contacting buyers through Linkedin Etc.
                              Try James Pavlock. Think he used to be the internal buyer but I would guess they are doing most of the machining work in house right now. I used to work over there 6 years ago and bailed as I could see the writing on the wall.

Comment

Anyone need an Instrument/Pipe fitter with offshore and petrol chem experience? Have rig pass, twic, opito and tools. Tired of this lab.

Comment

Working...
                                X