Dewalt weed eater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dewalt weed eater

Anyone have the 20v weed eater from dewalt? I've already got a bunch of 20v tools so I thought the weed eater might be a good addition. How well does it work? Amazon reviews are mixed.

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
    Anyone have the 20v weed eater from dewalt? I've already got a bunch of 20v tools so I thought the weed eater might be a good addition. How well does it work? Amazon reviews are mixed.

Gas only for me for anything to do with cutting or trimming weeds or brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      Gas only for me for anything to do with cutting or trimming weeds or brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That's how I've always been. And I have nothing bad to say about my stihl. Just wonder if this would be easier and cleaner.

Comment

I have it and it works great. My yard is an acre with alot of trees to weedeated around. Light and quite and I do the whole hard on 1 battery.

Comment

Last summer I sold my gas weedeater and bout an 18 volt lithium Ryobi weedeater. I did this so that my wife can go out and do some yard work if she wants to (she could not deal with the vibrations from the gas weedeater ).

Well, after several months here is what I think of a cordless vs. a gas weedeater.

If you have a smallish yard and you stay on top of the yard work then an electric one will do just fine. I can almost weedeat the front and back yard as well as edge around the driveway with a single 3.0 amp/hr extended range battery, and I have a small 0.25 acre city lot. The cordless weedeater does not have the power of a gas one. However, not having to deal with gas at all, not having to think about storage or tune ups is really nice. I can grab the cordless one after it has sat for months and go straight to full throttle seconds after I pick it up. I did buy a couple of extra batteries for mine as I also picked up an 18 volt blower to clean the patio and driveway off once I'm done.

As long as you know the limitations of a cordless, and you are ok with those limitations then you'll be fine.

Comment

We have one at work and it does a good job. We can do about an hour of work on 1 battery which will do most yards plus some. Buy an extra battery and you can get a lot done. It has plenty of power as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Ryobi 18v also. It will do almost anything that a gas one will as long as you don't get in a big rush. One thing that I have not found though is any kind of a brush blade for an electric weed eater.

Comment

Price wise you can go Echo and never run out of power

Comment

I decided to give it a try. I've already got plenty of the batteries so I won't run out of power. If it doesn't work I'll return it and continue to use my Stihl

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                    Price wise you can go Echo and never run out of power
                    You can run out of gas though I can change a battery easier and faster than I can fill up a tank with mixed fuel. And i despise echos

Comment

You can run out of gas though I can change a battery easier and faster than I can fill up a tank with mixed fuel. And i despise echos
                      How long does it take you to fill up with a pint of gas? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                        How long does it take you to fill up with a pint of gas? Lol
                        at least 3 seconds longer than swapping a battery My time is valuable!

But honestly, I use the 20v dewalt stuff every day so I already keep batteries charged. Making sure I have mixed gas is more of a hassle than changing a battery.

Comment

at least 3 seconds longer than swapping a battery My time is valuable!

But honestly, I use the 20v dewalt stuff every day so I already keep batteries charged. Making sure I have mixed gas is more of a hassle than changing a battery.
                          Lol just pickin. I understand the gas thing. I just buy the premixed gas in a can for all my 2 cycles and always have 3-4 cans on the shelf. Beats the crap out of these sorry gas cans these days and I don't have to worry about ethanol. I saw where Stihl is making a battery powered mower as well. Has me curious.
                          Last edited by Sleepy; 03-14-2017, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                            Lol just pickin. I understand the gas thing. I just buy the premixed gas in a can for all my 2 cycles and always have 3-4 cans on the shelf. Beats the crap out of these sorry gas cans these days and I don't have to worry about ethanol. I saw where Sthil is making a battery powered mower as well. Has me curious.
                            Yup I started buying the pre mix for the chainsaw and weed eater. heck of a lot easier than mixing and dealing with those stupid gas cans. Way easier to pour into a small tank too.

The thing I really want is the battery powered automatic mower. Its like a roomba for your lawn

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE7O3dK07nQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE7O3dK07nQ[/ame]

Comment

Yup I started buying the pre mix for the chainsaw and weed eater. heck of a lot easier than mixing and dealing with those stupid gas cans. Way easier to pour into a small tank too.

The thing I really want is the battery powered automatic mower. Its like a roomba for your lawn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE7O3dK07nQ
                              Get the hell out of here!! I'm going to sleep on that one!!

Comment

Working...
                              X