No announcement yet.

Chevrolet 2500 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 GMC's. The 2004 had 250,000+ miles and still runs like a champ. It gets about 12 miles to the gallon empty. The 2017 is getting about 16 if I can keep my foot out of it. I have never had any issues with that motor.

-john

Comment

Been a diesel guy for many years now but i'm about to buy a 2015 2500hd with the 6.0. It won't pull like a diesel and if you expect it too you will be very disappointed. The one i'm looking at gets about avg. 13 mpg (9 in town & 15 hwy) the sales manager is a good friend and he let me hook it up to my tractor to see how it pulled big closed cab 4wd tractor it gets the job done but it's slow and mileage dropped to 7mpg.

Comment

That is the reason I went with the Hemi in my 2500 4x4. It had 4.11 gears and pulled anything I asked it to. It got 11mpg pulling my 18ft travel trailer down to Port A and back to Jarrell. Got 15-17 hwy mpg, without towing.

Comment

I guess I should have added that I do pull a 20 gooseneck stock trailer some and have never had any issues with it doing that.

-john

Comment

My dads owned 2 of them while I’ve owned 2 duramaxes and he won’t buy a diesel. He’s going to keep driving that 6.0. That being said he’s an ASE master mechanic and gm service manager

Comment

Got a 2012 and it pulls fine. Get 13.8 average mpg but has the lower gear ratio.

Comment

I've got a 2004 4x4 2500HD, get 10 MPG regardless if I'm pulling a lowboy with 4 wheeler's , stands, etc. ; 28' travel trailer ; or my 5k lb. boat. You won't feel it behind you. Great Power with the 6.0. It does have a towing option for pulling heavy loads that change the shift points or something. Rarely use it, but when I do, it drops to 9 MPG. City/Highway may get 14 to 17 at best. but like you said, I didn't get a truck for driving around town.

Comment

Hhmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X