Beginner / Amateur.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner / Amateur.....

Well, after reading through hundreds of your post, posting a few questions, I took advice of the majority and purchased a used older Nikon DSLR body that came with a "Nikon kit lens".

Since receiving the camera, I have read multiple pointer type articles regarding shutter speeds verses light conditions and have been playing with different settings.

Going to play with this beginner level body and lens and make sure I will enjoy. And if so, I will then upgrade to at least the minor league level of equipment. As all of you have mentioned, the lens is the key and mine has a little to be desired.

Attached are 2 shots from this past weekend of hunting my river grounds in Bosque County that I thought had promise. Resizing sure hurts the original quality, but oh well.

Again thanks for all of your feed back and answering of my questions previously.

Rwc
    Attached Files

Here is one I attempted to capture of a group of hogs approximately 150 yards down river. It was overcast with limited light along the canopy of the river bank and they did not give me time to play with shutter speed.

How many can you find?

I wished I would have realized the leafs in the bottom of the frame.

Rwc
    Attached Files

Comment

Great pictures! I picked up a DSLR before my trips to Alaska and Colorado this year, and have fallen in love with it and taking pictures in general.

Comment

What lens are you using for longer range? I have one that came with my kit but it is kind of loud.

Comment

Originally posted by fishinguy View Post
          What lens are you using for longer range? I have one that came with my kit but it is kind of loud.
          Nikon 55-200 MM VR and the shutter noise is a tad loud also. You would not be using this set up while bow hunting on a still morning...ha ha

If I stick with it, I will upgrade the lens first. I have reviewed a ton of comments regarding the SIGMA series as a middle of the row upgrade lens.

Rwc

Comment

I’m sorry if I missed what camera you are using. Does your nikon body have this feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post
                I’m sorry if I missed what camera you are using. Does your nikon body have this feature?

Not that I have noticed, my body is Nikon D5100 with less than 3000 captures.

Appreciate the feed back.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post

To get to quiet mode: Press i go to "release mode", select that, press the down button and the last option is "quiet shutter release".

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                    To get to quiet mode: Press i go to "release mode", select that, press the down button and the last option is "quiet shutter release".

I knew a professional would show up sooner or later to give a brief learning.........

Rwc

Comment

Looks good man!

You are dead on about the lens being the key, you can get killer results with that camera and some decent glass. But you are starting out on the right track though!

The Quiet mode on Nikons splits the camera noise into 2 clicks so it isn't really *that" much quieter but it might help. DSLRs are just noisy and there's really no way around it, if you want silent shooting you just about have to go with a mirrorless camera.

Comment

I see 9 pigs....since no one else answered. Lol

Comment

9 as well - LOL

Comment

9 is correct, even though there are only 7 left out of that group.......... ha ha

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                            X