Tree stand umbrellas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree stand umbrellas

Anyone ever used the Tree Stand Umbrellas. Looks like rain for Kansas this week and there is no way I am not sitting in a tree because of rain. Wondering if the tree stand umbrellas work decent enough or if anyone had experience using them?

Thanks and good luck!

I’m interested too.

Comment

I've used one before and it worked decently. Not perfect, but it can shield you from a good bit. Just be careful of silhouetting and the ever-present Kansas wind.

Comment

I've got one, never had to use it, but have strapped it to a tree in the yard just to see how it sets up. Mine is decently large. The only issue would be you would probably need to install it as you plan on hunting, i.e. either standing up, or sitting.

Comment

I’ve been using them for a while. Like mentioned above, make sure you install them high enough so you can still draw your bow. I’ve had one strip, so be careful not to over tighten into the tree.

They work but I still wear my rain suit with them. Rain sometimes will still run down the tree.

Comment

I used one this year and it worked suprisingly good. You will still get a little wet from side blown wind/rain. But it will keep you from getting totally soaked.

Comment

Been using them 6-7 years they help enough to use one! Tip... don’t lean back! The veins on the bark will soak you.

I hunted under one for 3 days in biblical rains and frog tongs and killed a nice public land 8 a few years ago

Comment

Got one on sale for $7 at academy a few months ago and used it about a month ago just sitting under a tree. Worked pretty good. Of course I still wore rain gear but under light, steady rain for about 6 hours, I didn't get nearly as wet as the ground around me. I would say its a good piece of equipment and lightweight.

Comment

Yes I’ve used one and it works. I have one with me every time I’m out of state.

Comment

Meh. I think good rain gear will suffice, but then again, I've never used one of the umbrellas.

Comment

Yes - used them for years turkey hunting.

Comment

Much better than no umbrella

Comment

Get some really good rain gear. Opening day it rained off and on all day and i was able to stay dry. Sat in a tree stand from sun up to sun down. Bought a set of Kuiu rain gear this past winter from their outlet for 50% off. It was still expensive, but after using it was worth it. Able to take on and off without removing boots and quiet material if you need to take a shot. Just make sure you dry your gear off when you get out of the tree stand. Especially broad heads. An umbrella might spook some deer looking up at the tree.

Comment

i use mine as a sun shield only..lol

Comment

I have had one for years and never used until last year in Kansas. The wind was to much for it. I recieved yesterday a top that is made from square tubimh that straps on like the umbrella. I hope it will handle the wind better. I'm headed to Kansas next Friday and I will not miss a hunt due to rain. You can find them on sportsman guide or amazon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X