Golf cart folks - need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf cart folks - need some help

I have a 48v club car ds cart that has been modified with all of the usual upgrades.

I had to replace the f/r switch recently and it’s been working fine. I went to jump on it the other day and now it won’t go. I hear the switches on the f/r switch and the accelerator pedal clicking but the solenoid no longer engages when the pedal is pushed.

I tried taking a voltage reading across the coil and get zero volts. I originally assumed it was probably a bad solenoid could but now I’m not sure.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m not much help, but I know the f/r switch has to be upgraded also. Did you replace with a stock or upgraded switch?

Comment

Pm BowSlayer. He will probably know.

Comment

You checked all your battery connections? All your connections to the f/r switch and solenoid? What’s your voltage reading from the positive terminal of the first battery to the negative of the last battery? Some solenoids don’t engage if there’s not enough juice.

Comment

Originally posted by QDM4fun View Post
          I’m not much help, but I know the f/r switch has to be upgraded also. Did you replace with a stock or upgraded switch?

Yep heavy duty f/r switch installed.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
            You checked all your battery connections? All your connections to the f/r switch and solenoid? What’s your voltage reading from the positive terminal of the first battery to the negative of the last battery? Some solenoids don’t engage if there’s not enough juice.

52.8V

Comment

Best resource on the web for carts.

Get a Ranger EV next go round. Love ours after having a DS for a few years.

T

Comment

Lots of good information and knowledge on this link http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
                  www.buggiesgonewild.com

Best resource on the web for carts.

Get a Ranger EV next go round. Love ours after having a DS for a few years.

T

If this one ever dies that’s what we will look at.

Comment

Bowslayer builds a bunch of them and is very knowledgeable

Do you have a local golf cart shop in town you could stop in and just ask what to check.

The folks on buggies gone wild can walk you through multiple scenarios.

Comment

bad battery connection. Remove and clean all of them and repair any you find bad.

Comment

Reboot it, remove the battery cables and reinstall. anything that has a battery, this is my go to fix, almost always works...sometimes.

Comment

sounds like the solenoid to me ,I might try jumping across the solenoid with a screw driver that's what I did with mine if it goes that's it

Comment

Working...
                          X