deer refinding a feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deer refinding a feeder

Pretty sure I know the answer, and they will find it soon. Long story short, East texas area, think I may have had a feeder run dry. Not gonna be able to fill it again for another week or 2. Think it may have run dry a couple weeks ago. It was only running in the morning. Plan to refill it when I can get the chance in about a week and run it morning and evening. Think the deer will refind and hit it decent before rifle season?

Oh yeah....they know it's there...

Comment

This should answer your question. Before I could drive I had a feeder up at the back of my parents property and since I have been able to drive it hasn't been hunted or filled or anything (about 4 years) this past weekend I went to their house and wanted to kill a deer for my dog to track so on the way there I bought corn and a battery. The leads in the motor were dried so I just put corn in the ground around 8pm. The next morning I go to check my camera around 8:45 and scare off 4 deer. That afternoon I hunt and see 2-3 more deer. The next morning I saw one and shot a different one

Comment

If the feeder is in a good spot, they'll find it quick. If they don't find it in a couple of days it's probably not in a good spot though with all the acorns falling in some areas right now, you might give it more than a few days.

LWD

Comment

Chris, I have found if you let them stay empty too long it takes them awhile to come back to them. You want me to go down and dump a bag or two into your feeder?

Comment

Based on our cameras, they check every 2-3 days even when empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
              Based on our cameras, they check every 2-3 days even when empty.
              Same here.

Comment

Absolutely yes

Comment

I put apple flavored corn in my feeders 3 weeks ago after they sat empty since March. Deer were on it in 2-4 hours. They can't get enough of that stuff.

Comment

Last year I got on a lease late 9/30 The guy showed me the lease and since it was 6.5 hours away I went ahead and brought feeders, cameras and corn in case I wanted to be on it. I did he helped me put up feeders and cameras. I went home and came back the next week to build me some sleeping quarters. Went and checked cards on camera's to see what had been coming in the past week. I had deer on camera within 2 hours of setting up feeders and a pop up.

Comment

Working...
                    X