sommerville wma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sommerville wma

anyone thinking of hunting sommerville this year or been there lately?

I will be there tis year again. I like the place.

Comment

probably going opening weekend of archery

Comment

Do yall see alot of game? I have not hunted many public places but not against it at all

Comment

I see deer ocosonally and every once in a while get a shot. Pigs are spooky.

Comment

Scout, scout, scout

Comment

As Trophy7 said Scout, scout scout and then scout some more. Don't wait till opening day though. LOL

Comment

Yesterday I saw two doe and a nice 8. I saw lots of sign.

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                  probably going opening weekend of archery
                  paintman, I was wondering if you can give me the low down on this sommeville area? What do I have to do to bowhunt this area for deer? I don't have a deer lease and traveling to missouri and michigan are getting expensive. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

anyone have a map of the areas that area available to hunt? the map in the booklet isnt very detailed.

Comment

Stins,
                      They usually have maps at the sign in stations (parking areas). Wish you were in houston I probally have an extra. You can also go on line and get google earth to see the area. pretty helpfull.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                        paintman, I was wondering if you can give me the low down on this sommeville area? What do I have to do to bowhunt this area for deer? I don't have a deer lease and traveling to missouri and michigan are getting expensive. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
                        just have to have yr aph permit,same as granger theres three diffrent areas you can hunt weve seen deer every time weve gone,just look in thwe book and let me know if you have any more questions

Comment

Okay so I drove out there today and got a map, now I need to get back out there to do some scouting. However I have a few general questions I thought I would ask those of you that hunt there regularly.

1. Does the area receive alot of pressure?
                          2. There appears to be alot of oaks in the area, what type of stands do you all usually hunt out of? I am thinking about a hang on stand with some rapid rails.
                          3. Does one of the areas (Nails vs Birch) receive less pressure?

Thanks

Comment

Queston #1 Yes.
                            Question #2 I use a climber. If you leave a stand up over 72 hrs they seem to disappear.
                            Question #3 I hunt Nails, have never been to Birck Creek.
                            Travis ,
                            If you leave a stand up on the WMA there is always someone who thinks it is theirs. I have heard that the GW will also remove them. There are also a lot of dutch elm on the place . I am usually up 25 feet.
                            Tommy

Comment

Add one more to to the area.
                              I'm planning to do some bow hunting also.
                              But was planning on getting a shot at a hog.

Comment

Working...
                              X