Question for the duck hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the duck hunters

what would be your preferred area be to set up at I'm thing 2 but would like to hear your idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set up where the birds are. Really. Go scout and set up on them the next day.

Comment

If I was showing up in the dark I would just sit on shore and watch and once I saw the first group cup up and pile in Id go throw about 2 dozen blocks in that area and hunt. Gotta put your blocks where they want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
        X2
        If you can't north of the one

Comment

If I had to throw blocks and hunt I would probably throw on the point between 1 and 3.

Comment

I was there a few weeks ago mid day buts that's it going there before the hunt is not it option because of work

Comment

They’ll work into the wind. If they’re coming in there, I’d set up with that in mind and blast away. Should be fish in a barrel if they’re using in there.

Comment

where were the birds when you were there. That's where you need to try and be more than likely. They will be on ponds and lakes for food sources.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  where were the birds when you were there. That's where you need to try and be more than likely. They will be on ponds and lakes for food sources.

Most of theme where in 2

Comment

Find the X, and set up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                      x2

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
                        Most of theme where in 2

What direction was the wind that way?

Typically they will coming in and land into the wind. So, it should be at your back.

But like everyone said, where to the birds want to be?

That's the "X" and that is where you want them to set up.

Can you hide pretty good at spot #2?

Comment

Looks like you could setup on that little island just east of 2. Put a good wall of decoys upwind and setup facing NW. Left to right shots with the sun somewhat at your back. All those directions are assuming that map is true north.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wind isn't that big of a deal on small water. Have to hunt where you can hide. I'd find the best cover possible, hide really well, and adjust decoys to pull them in good range. Err on the side of hunting with the rising sun at your back... it helps hide you in shadows.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              What direction was the wind that way?

Typically they will coming in and land into the wind. So, it should be at your back.

But like everyone said, where to the birds want to be?

That's the "X" and that is where you want them to set up.

Can you hide pretty good at spot #2?

Yea I think I we should have some good cover there think that's where we will start if the birds are using someplace else will move

Comment

Working...
                              X