Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IBEP Certification

Anybody know if;
    1) This is a mandantory attendance class for "older Bowhunters"? I have a Hunter Ed card but no Bowhunt Cert. Given I have *some* documented experience..do I still have to take a class?

2) Is there a location near waco/Burleson/Ft Worth where these certifications occur?

Whats the scoop on this certification.

Any info is appreciated.
    THX

I think this is the same thing as bowhunter education, if so you do have to attend 16 hours? of class (2 days). The closest I could find was grand prairie, the game warden at joe pool lake does the class at their office at the dam, this is where I ended up taking it.

Comment

Originally posted by boss bowman View Post
      I think this is the same thing as bowhunter education, if so you do have to attend 16 hours? of class (2 days). The closest I could find was grand prairie, the game warden at joe pool lake does the class at their office at the dam, this is where I ended up taking it.

Many THX! I'll call and see if he's got a schedule. Gonna try that and Crockett. Crockett's page kinda tells me its swamp land....Is Big Slough a SWAMP?

Comment

some of the public lands require it in texas(hagerman for one), other then that it isnt a requirment. that being said i took it last year just for the heck of it and really enjoyed myself. it is worth taking, it is 2 days first being in a class room and the second in the field

Comment

Ya might check with Arrowsmith on here. Also the LSBA should be albe to guide you in the right direction for classes. WCB on here is also an instructor as are many more.

Comment

I know Thumper is a instructor. E-Mail him.

Comment

You can find a schedule of classes by going to the TPWD website & then hunter education. You'll find the Hunter Ed classes & the Bowhunter Ed classes listed there.

Comment

It is an education process that bonds you with more hunters and a better knowledge of the behind the scenes of everything to do with Bowhunting, yes got to TPWD on the internet.

Comment

I went through IBEP certification a few weeks ago. It is a day and a half, with the first day being classroom and the half day being in the field. I enjoyed it even though I did it specifically for Hagerman. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't have done it, but I'm glad I did. IBEP certification is required in some states like Alaska, Louisiana, Idaho, and Montana for a few.

Comment

Working...
                  X