No announcement yet.

Another Snake ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All snakes are dangerous to me just like a gun is always loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones
      What a great lesson for the young un's. If daddy is in fear we should always destroy.
      give me a break

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        Well i learned something new today. I have seen a lot of snakes but never one like this. Guess that shows how rare they are. My apologies guys/gals. Hard to let snakes go with kids that are so curious.
        Teach your kids about snakes and the possible dangers of some types. Teach them the important role they play and why most should not be killed.
        Teach them to stay away from snakes and to report all sightings to you or another adult.
        Teaching them to kill every animal that "MAY" be dangerous is pointless, IMO.

If a child, or an adult for that matter, encounters a Brahman bull cornered in a pen, they may be injured/killed, but I don't know of anyone who goes around killing every cow they see just because a few cows "MAY" be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
          ^^^

This. Nobody around here gets up in arms when somebody arrows a big ol gator gar just for fun, yet we seem to have a bunch of snake huggers
          Dude, seriously, I ain't hugging nobody's snake

Comment

If you would not have shown the second pic or said anything about killing it you would have been just fine. The lynch mob would'nt have been able to form. Got to learn how to post on TBH anymore so your not insulted, dogpiled, hated, caned or any of the other good stuff. It was a pretty snake, but then I have seen some really pretty pit bulls, doesnt mean I am going to trust them just cause I haven't personally had any bad experience with one. Take care of those kids, they need to know to come get you or Mom if they see one until they get pld enough to identify a snake on their own.

Comment

^^^

This. Nobody around here gets up in arms when somebody arrows a big ol gator gar just for fun, yet we seem to have a bunch of snake huggers
              A gator gar isn't going to eat something that might harm me.
              This snake was harmless to humans, yet it very well may have eaten a rattlesnake that will now live to bite someone.
              None of us are "snake huggers". We're just better educated on what can and can't harm ourselves or people around us.
              If the OP didn't want to know about the snake, good or bad, he wouldn't have asked for an ID.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
                I think that's illegal in public

Comment

Now I need a new keyboard

Comment

Well, gator gar eat game fish, not man eating sharks......

Those killing gator gar know what they're killing and why. Most snakes are killed out of fear because they do not know how to identify snakes.
                    Last edited by Thumper; 05-23-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      Well, gator gar eat game fish, not man eating sharks......

Those killing gator gar know what they're killing and why. Most snakes are killed out of fear because they do not know how to identify snakes.
                      You said it better than me, lol.

Comment

Zing!

Comment

Originally posted by salty mule View Post
                          How do "outdoors-men" not know that there are only four poisonous snakes in Texas and what they look like?
                          Very good question

Comment

^^^

Well I don't particularly agree with that either, but as with the snakes you are right nothing illegal about it.

Are you aware that like some of these snakes the Alligator Gar is slowly but surely disappearing.

Comment

I have never seen a speckled king snake only heard about them. About how long was it just for future reference.

Comment

4 1/2'....

Comment

Working...
                                X