No announcement yet.

Do you know ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't get it. If someone ask you to give up something you love then they don't love you as far as I'm concerned. Everyone in this world is replaceable. There's too many other women out there to have to put up with one that makes your life miserable until death do you part. Which that in itself isn't fair....You're gonna die first from stress or suicide if you have to live in that type of environment.

Comment

We had a guy whose wife would call him late at night while we were at the lease and tell him she thought someone was outside their house and she was scared. He would get up and drive a hour and a half home and of course never find anything. She probably did this 4 or 5 times. Finally he just started staying home more and more until he just gave it up. Sad deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I lost a really good piece of land that I hunted in Iowa, land owner friend of mine got married and his new wife was anti hunting, ended a really good deal.

Comment

This is as crazy as the hunting alone thread

Comment

I’m not married but you better believe this is brought up in relationships if I ever think things are getting “serious”. I’ve hunted my whole life and I’m going to continue. You can either come along or stay home... but I’m still going.

Comment

Yes, one. Couldn't hunt/fish with me or with anyone and whenever we did go out she would demand he come home. Sucks cause he was my best friend.

Comment

Hunting was my only Pre nup. 27 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  I just don't get it. If someone ask you to give up something you love then they don't love you as far as I'm concerned. Everyone in this world is replaceable. There's too many other women out there to have to put up with one that makes your life miserable until death do you part. Which that in itself isn't fair....You're gonna die first from stress or suicide if you have to live in that type of environment.
                  Yep. Can you imagine that 100 yrs ago? Get divorced, if you weren't out hunting, putting food on the table.
                  The size of the american male nut, has shrunken 10 fold since that time. In another 100 yrs, it will be, "The Dominant Partner In our Relationship", will not let me hunt. We won't be able to use or distinguish gender without backlash
                  Seriously though, if someone loves you, for who you are, then they will have no problems letting you do the things you love. If they love you for who they want you to be, it's time to bail, unless you're willing to conform your life, to fit someone else's agenda. That may be undeniable devotion & love, or it may be cowardice, but it doesn't equate to happiness in my book. Crazy that it's even a discussion. It's every man's life, to live as he sees fit though, so what can you say?

Comment

No way i could live like that. my ex was like that and she still throws it in my face.. 6 years later. my current wife loves the hunting/fishing lifestyle. She just asked me yesterday with all the worry in the world.. "what are we going to do for deer meat this year?" We dont buy meat from the store and she loves it. Put her on her first deer last year and now shes really hooked. She really doesnt like the expense that comes with it, but understands alot of it is "necessary".. hehe

Comment

*itches are dumb.

Comment

Mine and my wife’s first date was pig hunting. She supports my love for the outdoors. However, I have given up some of the off-season hunting just to not “over do it” and spend time with her and the kids, but she knows I’ll never give it up completely. She never asked me to slow down, I just knew I probably should. I make up for it during deer season. I hunt pretty much every weekend. Luckily I’m close enough to both hunting properties that I do come home after the evening hunt, so that helps too.

Comment

Have a buddy going through a divorce right now because of this. He use to go on many hunts with buddies, even while dating. They got married, she told him he couldn't go on the hunts anymore. This is just one of the things she won't allow him to do. He filed for divorce and moved out.

Sent from my TB-X704A using Tapatalk

Comment

I gave up hunting for a year. Got tired of the constant beat down...then we moved to a place where I could hunt on our own property. Plus my boys were a little bigger and they started going with me. After that it was never a problem again.

But now I’m single and can’t afford to hunt so looks like I will be sitting this one out too.

Comment

It sounds cliche, but I made this perfectly clear to my now wife when we were first dating. Her dad hunts, so it was not a shock to her. But she hunts a little now too.

I lost a lot of girlfriends back in the day who just couldn't live with me missing birthdays, homecomings, and one sisters wedding...I felt kind of bad about that one, but how many times do you get to hammer pheasants and quail in the snow??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like he need to grow a pair!

Comment

Working...
                                X