coon hunt??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coon hunt??

can coons be hunted WITH dogs in any nat. forest????

I grew up coon hunting in the SHNF. Unless something has changed, it's legal. You need your Type II permit where applicable, hunting license, fur-bearing animal/trappers license. Be prepared to be jacked up by game wardens during and around deer season.

Comment

thanks

Comment

chew do you, or anyone else for that matter, hunt with hounds?

Comment

Not in a long time. But there are some guys in here that do

Comment

Have to get the book out, but I believe it was banned along with hog hunting. Squirrel dogs in the daylight is still allowed. Deer hunters complained the hog and coon dogs were running more than the intended prey

Comment

I had heard that hog doggin was restricted to specific dates. Didn't know they stopped the coon hunting

Comment

You can do it during the day. If you run coons at night you cant shoot them, you can only tree them... "no shooting at night in the National forest."

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  I had heard that hog doggin was restricted to specific dates. Didn't know they stopped the coon hunting
                  SHNFWMA no longer allows hogs hunted with dogs.

The only 2 APH Units that still allow feral hogs hunting with dogs during specific dates and day time only are:

- White Oak Creek WMA

- J. D Murphree WMA

Comment

Working...
                  X