Pronghorns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pronghorns

How many on here have taken pronghorns with Trad tackle? I took this one in Montana in '05 with a Black Widow recurve. I also took a doe on that trip. We were hunting out of blinds over waterholes.
    Attached Files

I would love to. Hey I like that pic your buck looks like he is alive and ready to run off.

Comment

Talk about the bucket list. Awesome!

Comment

I have not taken one yet....but really want to. I had a trip planned for this year with a buddy who lives in CO. The weather did us in as the area we were to hunt got a lot of rainfall and the goats would not cooperate. My buddy suggested that we cancel and wait till this next year to ty to see if we could hit it when it was drier and have a better chance to harvest a goat. I can't wait to get it done.

Congrats on your goats!

Bisch

Comment

I killed one outside of Maybelle, Colorado in 1981 with a 71# Brackenbury recurve. I was hunting out of a pit blind and missed him the first shot at 20 yds. because the bottom limb hit my knee. He ran around me and stopped at 44 yds. I just stood up in the blind and put the next one through both lungs. He walked about ten feet and layed over.

I killed another one the next year with a borrowed compound bow. We arrived at camp outside of Douglas, Wyoming and started carrying our things in. I went back outside to get the rest of my stuff and seen where another hunter had backed his truck over my bow box, breaking the handle on my bow. I had two identical sets of limbs for the bow but only one handle. It didn't hurt either set of limbs. It didn't take long to get the compound dialed in shooting 3 under and I killed that buck at 52 paces, a perfect double lung shot as well.
          Last edited by Draco; 02-10-2011, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Got one last year with my Widow going to try again this year also,shot him with the aid of a decoy while behind tall grass in a fence row.Pic is in (Plans for 2011) on here in Trad sec.

Comment

I will be trying that this year, as I put in for a Achery 900 tag. This is an archery only tag for antelope here in Montana, and will allow my to go anywhere they roam. Most everyone will give you access to hunt antelope, and most will want you to arrow more than 1 if you can, or have the tags to.

Phyllip that is an awesome trophy there.

Comment

May try this year. Have gotten them with compounds. Have enough points to draw good tags here in CO & in WY, just trying to figure out if I will have the time to do it.

Comment

would love to

Comment

nice!

Comment

Working...
                    X