No announcement yet.

Statick Limb recurve bowyers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have owned and shot several and Im not a fan! Some shot great and others as mentioned above were unstable.

Comment

In a genuine static limb recurve the las 4 to 5 " will never uncurl. They are fast due to this design. They are quite because the lack of limb uncurling never allows the string lto pull away from the limb eliminating limb slap. Love ya Rog but my Bobbcatts do uncurl at the last end of the draw, they are designed to do that at the last 2" of draw to smooth out the overall pull. But they do uncurl. So they have a bit of limb slap. But I gotta add that they are still quiter imo than most recurves. I tried (several years ago) a few true static limbs by belly overlaying additional material. I picked up a couple of feet per second but after much thought decided the additional time in manufacturing and problems with limb twist coming from this did not add up to a good thing. I don't do it anymore. I should have read my history on static tips and saved myself time and headaches. Just my two cents worth.

Comment

Funny note: Bob and I were lamenting over the good ole days and the static limb bows were brought up. Bob brought to mind the old static limbed Texas recurves. I always called them a dog bone recurve because it looke like they glued a dog bone to the inside of the limbs. We both quickly agreed that bow was the reason God created tendonitis.

Comment

Ok, Bob, how long do you think it will take Arvin to figure this out? He has not put that thing down yet. He has had an engineer over this evening.

Comment

I said come close Bob I was a bit surprised when I first watched someone else pull Bisch's venom stick - it unravels very late in the draw.

Comment

I have 3 wapati and they are not static tip. They have a hook and will send an arrow on its way, but if you short draw it is not that pretty

Comment

Working...
              X