Bowhunting Hard on an Old man !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunting Hard on an Old man !!!!

Kinda funny I used to make fun of my oldest Son for trying to get me to bow hunt!!!! I used to tell him that a .270 would drop him like a rock and I would'nt have to worry bout broadheads or bloodtrails !!! Then in 2006 he was going to trade his bow in and I asked him what they were offering. He told me so I bought his Martin bow from him. I really did'nt want it I was just trying to help him out!!!! I gave him 50.00 over their offer !!!! That was all it took!!! I started shooting it alot and really enjoyed it !!! Did'nt have a clue about arrow length or draw length or nothing !!!! Did'nt fling but, one arrow at an animal that year and was way off !!! But, the next year I shot a 10 pt in King, Tx. and what an event !!! He came out on a grunt call and then spotted my 3-d archery target I had set up underneath my stand !!! Right as he stuck his nose to the back of that old riverbottom target I let him have it !!! 1st deer with a bow and I have been crazy bout it ever since. Although it was sure hard on this old man I had to track on my hands and knees in the dark tru some mighty snakey woods!!!! Not the biggest buck but, I was sure proud to have him !!! He's the deer on my avatar

nice

Comment

Hooked!

Comment

That's a hellova first archery deer. Nice deer period.

Welcome to the obsession.

Comment

Great job....Nice Buck!

Comment

Cool!

Bisch

Comment

Cool deal! Thats a heck of a first archery buck!

Comment

Great story. My getting hooked moment was at Lake Georgetown (1993) on my first bowhunt, when a couple of does walked out in front of me at about 18 yards. My heart was pounding, my breathing was so loud. To tell you the truth I can't remember aiming, which is probably why I missed. But after the shot my knees were shaking so bad, I had to sit for about 30 minutes to take it all in. From that moment on I have been hooked.

Jimbow

Comment

cool

Comment

Cool

Comment

Welcome. I waited until I "matured" to start bow hunting also. Never had that feeling hunting with a rifle.

Comment

Only takes 1 time

Comment

Great story and a great deer!

Comment

its all about the hunt

Comment

I'm right there with ya bud........minus the buck.

Comment

Working...
                              X