Hogboy misses the Trifecta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogboy misses the Trifecta

I had the pleasure of welcoming hrdwrkncwby76 home from Korea this weekend.

We arrived at the Hilton after 8:00, unloaded in a hurry, and set off to stalk feeders and pull some trail cam cards. After giving Brad a brief tour of the setups, I put him on stand and I headed back to the house to check pictures. Looks like we had some potential targets showing up at the feeders. Besides the coon invasion we’ve experienced lately, there were pics of the big boar I didn’t get a shot on a couple of weeks ago, another smaller lone boar, and a group of 4 black piglets that were remnants of the the 9 piglets BenBen left as orphans when he shot a big sow last month. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=275505
    I guess the yotes had picked off 5 of the little squealers already, since they didn’t have a Mama to look after them. And they were hitting the feeder every few hours during the day.

Saturday morning we walked into the stands at 6:30 to hunt for a couple of hours. Breakfast bell goes off at 7:00 and about 15 minutes later, here comes the thundering herd of black 15 pounders. I let them get settled in, got the camera rolling, and grabbed my bow off the hanger. No since in being picky, they were all black and the same size. I settled the pin on one, touch it off, the tracer nock lights, and the 100g Muzzy rips through the first one. She starts running around sideways, then hits the deck. The three stooges stayed close, so I nocked another arrow and let them creep back in. Anchor, hold low on my little target, and Bam…….skewered another. She started flopping and the other 2 piglets just dogpiled her. This is pretty funny on the video. Again I nock an arrow and when they get done kicking their sibling while she was down, I ran an arrow through the third one. He squeals and the two of them tear out of there through the tall grass.

I climbed down to 3 bloody arrows and two dead pigs. We blood trailed the third one for 60 or 70 yards with no recovery. I think he will probably live, since we jumped two little blacks under a different feeder later in the day. He’ll just have a little Hogboy tattoo as a remembrance.

I will post up the video when I get time to edit it, but I did learn another filming lesson. Don’t pan in to close or you’ll miss the arrow flight and I didn’t get the third shot captured because he was out of frame.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dos piglets tbh.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	24896786

Side note: I did have the big boar come in right at dark Saturday night, got an arrow through him with blood on the vanes, but not much blood trail. Friday night and Saturday morning, Brad, Biglew, and I followed his trail for a couple of hundred yards with no recovery. I think he probably sealed up and will live to tell about it.

Thanks to hrdwrkncwby76 and Biglew for the work, eating, and tracking help.

Sounds like a great time. Thanks for your efforts in welcoming yet another soldier home.

Comment

Thats a little wierd, but fun

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

congrats ! rock on , love the mask ! - c

Comment

cool....

Comment

Awsome Gary!Wish I coulda made it out.

DJ

Comment

Nice write.

Comment

Brother you got the Mojo back. Congrats on a great weekend. 2 cool.

Comment

Thanks for having us out, Hogboy. Once again, it was a load of fun. You'll shoot ol' Big-Nuts again soon, hopefully take him down this time

Comment

Thats funny, congrats

Comment

Love the mask bro! Lol

Comment

Congrats! Nice cutters on the middle one in the pic!

Comment

nice

Comment

Had a blast at the Hilton.I enjoyed the work as much as the hunting and the company. I look forward to seeing y'all again. still racking my brain on where Ben picked up the bagged corn from. always on the hunt for inexpensive corn for the beasties

Comment

Working...
                              X