Anyone hunting Cooper WMA this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hunting Cooper WMA this season?

Looks like me and another buddy will be there opeing weekend unless something changes

unless....

My hunting buddy is getting married that unless I decide to attend I'll be out there.....met some guys from Wylie out there last season...suggested we carpool or camp out since we all came from the same general area...

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
      My hunting buddy is getting married that unless I decide to attend I'll be out there.....met some guys from Wylie out there last season...suggested we carpool or camp out since we all came from the same general area...
      I hope you're not talking about camping out on the WMA. It's against the WMA rules and the GW in that area doesn't play at all!!!!!

Comment

Camp at one of the two state parks on the lake. I'll probably hunt Cooper a couple times this season.

Comment

We booked one of the shelters with a/c at docotors creek for the weekend. If your around drop in and say hello and have a cold one.

Comment

Stay away from Oylers loop after the rain. Don't ask me how know. I might hunt a couple times out ther this year. John's Creek Lodge also has some cabins.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
              Stay away from Oylers loop after the rain. Don't ask me how know. I might hunt a couple times out ther this year. John's Creek Lodge also has some cabins.
              which side of the lake is that on? my first time this year, i'm nervous about going to a new place. I'm going to be putting in some time scouting over the next couple of weeks! Hope to see y'all out there

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
                Been there done that.

Comment

i'll be out there some this season. but opening day i've decided not to fight the crowd & head down to the cotton bowl instead

Comment

I can tell you this, any deer that are there now will be very spooky by the time season gets here. I am already seeing trucks parking at kiosks every day scouting. I am getting excited though. I sat in the back yard today shooting arrows and thinking out everything in my head. Im ready to sweat 30ft up a tree in october!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red_RaiderHTC View Post
                      I can tell you this, any deer that are there now will be very spooky by the time season gets here. I am already seeing trucks parking at kiosks every day scouting. I am getting excited though. I sat in the back yard today shooting arrows and thinking out everything in my head. Im ready to sweat 30ft up a tree in october!!!!!
                      Some of those trucks and guys you are seeing are duck hunters scouting for a "walk-in" spot. The lake is very popular with waterfoul hunters.Oh,and to the duck hunter who put flagging tape EVERY TEN FEET on the south unit,please buy a compass or GPS,you're trashing up the woods.

Comment

If your there we will be at doctors creek when not on stand. Look for a white dodge with a TBH sticker and a Mathews stciekr in the back window.

Comment

deer will be spooky

hog hunters will be out also for a couple weeks too........

Comment

A couple of us are planning to be there opening weekend. Camping at Doctors creek. See yall there..

Comment

Originally posted by porkchop View Post
                              A couple of us are planning to be there opening weekend. Camping at Doctors creek. See yall there..
                              Maybe we can get together Friday nite for a steak and a cold one around the fire

Comment

Working...
                              X