Anyone using a crossbow this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using a crossbow this year?

Using my Excalibur Bulldog 330 with Diablo shafts. I think I am using Slick Tricks standards but I have Grim Reapers also.
    I shot inside my blind throug the netting yesterday out to 30 yards. Still had really good accuracy. I was using the Slick Tricks when doing so.

I’m still refusing too, however my shoulder and elbow issues are forcing me that way fast. Looks like I’m only going to be able to pull 50 lbs. this season. Heck that’s what a Uncle Ted pulls, so guess I’ll be ok.

Comment

I hate crossbows, but that's another thread.
      I'm forced to use one this year, if I want to hunt. I suffered a complete rupture of my bicep about 6 weeks ago. I'm 5 weeks post op. I'm hoping by Mid November I can be back shooting my bow rather than this xbow.
      PSE something or other...

J

Comment

I have nothing against a crossbow but think I’m going to use my longbow until general season and then pistol hunt this year

Comment

I use a crossbow for the last 2-3 years. I have a shoulder injury that makes it difficult to pull back and hold without pain. No, I won't get surgery.

Comment

My 8 yo son will be. Only cuz he can’t pull enough weight yet.

Comment

I am; will sometimes use my bow too. Has nothing to do with shoulder, I can bench well over 300 lbs. I just like shooting it. It’s fun to shoot.

Comment

Busted shoulder and elbow is on it's way out as well, so I'll be using my raptor fx2

Comment

My son uses a crossbow for now and I might too if I feel like it. Heck, we may even kill something with a rifle again this year, and neither of us are injured.

It's always funny to see the haters and justify'ers when crossbows come up.

Comment

I want to use one so I can get a real honest opinion of them when hunting. I have several bows I could use.

Comment

My wife will be using one.

Comment

Ill be using my compound but my brother will most likely be borrowing my crossbow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
                          I hate crossbows, but that's another thread.
                          I'm forced to use one this year, if I want to hunt. I suffered a complete rupture of my bicep about 6 weeks ago. I'm 5 weeks post op. I'm hoping by Mid November I can be back shooting my bow rather than this xbow.
                          PSE something or other...

J
                          Me too but if I had to use one due to injury I suppose I would...

Comment

Wife and youngest son will be using crossbows. My oldest son and I will be using the compound.

Comment

You don't have to have an excuse for shooting one they are legal. Dead is dead have fun you never know when you will be asking TBH to pray for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X