Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So let me get this straight about Chili..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    No you opened a whole can of beans to ruin a perfectly good pot of Chili. And if Bob said that about onions and jalopenos, he's wrong. Don't get me wrong, your chili shouldn't look like a salad from Jason's Deli, but if there are a few onions visible it's ok. However, if you accidentally spill one bean in the pot then you are certainly a queer.

Don't be the Chase This of chili.
    Funnyness

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      People like this is why Texas is turning blue

Beto puts beans in chili, and eats tacos with a fork!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        My Shiner Bock concoction. (Sorry about the big “visible” onions BoB)[emoji23][emoji23]

Chili?

Not chili?[emoji23]

Chili Nazis unite!!!

That is correct.

Comment

So let me get this straight about Chili..

Don't be the Chase This of chili.[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

LMAO! You must have added this after I quoted you..[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Those are fighting words!..🤬

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            Someone post facts on if beans belong in chili or not. Facts, not opinions! We have seen those. I would be suprised if anyone can.
            I can only give you the rules of the organization that sanctions many of the state's Cookoffs including the world famous Terlingua Chili Cookoff. I doubt it'll make any of you bean lovers change your mind, but I don't care if y'all like being wrong.

https://www.casichili.net/uploads/3/...ed_10-2018.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              Someone post facts on if beans belong in chili or not. Facts, not opinions! We have seen those. I would be suprised if anyone can.

CASI - Chili Appreciation Society International
              Each year, CASI sanctions nearly 500 domestic and international chili cookoffs as qualifying events for the CASI Terlingua International Chili Championship©, known as TICC.
              Learn more about CASI - Chili Appreciation Society International

I. CHILI COOKING RULES
              A. 2. NO FILLERS IN CHILI - Beans, macaroni, rice, hominy, or other similar ingredients are not permitted.

Beans Do Not Belong in Chili
              O. Henry describes “the delectable chili-con-carne, a dish evolved by the genius of Mexico, composed of delicate meats minced with aromatic herbs and the poignant chili colorado.” At no point was chili made with beans: This we know from star-struck accounts of foreign visitors, even if we don’t have the recipes used by the Chili Queens themselves, who were eventually evicted by NIMBY authorities citing health code concerns.
              The core ingredients of chili are “fiery envy, scalding jealousy, scorching contempt, and sizzling scorn,” wrote New York author H. Allen Smith, in a...

Comment

So what's the next thread gonna be - brisket cooked in a conventional oven is still considered "BBQ"??!

Comment

Beans make it Texas Chili. Just my $0.02

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                    So what's the next thread gonna be - brisket cooked in a conventional oven is still considered "BBQ"??!
                    Guarantee you that these same folks think dumplins can be made with tortillas or canned biscuits. And people wonder what's wrong with the world today.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post

This is more like brisket smoked with anything but salt and pepper over central Texas post oak is not Texas brisket..

Comment

Guarantee you that these same folks think dumplins can be made with tortillas or canned biscuits. And people wonder what's wrong with the world today.

Poor Jenny has to do all this special specific cooking for you while you referee the ingredients from the couch..

Comment

Yah!! Another facbook.... errrrr I mean chili post

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Poor Jenny has to do all this special specific cooking for you while you referee the ingredients from the couch..
                            You mean Jennie learned to cook proper and loves her family enough to do so? Yes. And Jennie doesn't make chili. That's a man's job.

Comment

Yes... The first appears to be chili... The second definitely isnt

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                                Yah!! Another facbook.... errrrr I mean chili post

Comment

Working...
                                X