LeBron’s I Promise School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    You're confusing being of the opinion that his coverage for what in the grand scheme is mediocre philanthropy is undeserved with giving two ****s if its his fault or not.

Just because he calls himself "King" , don't make him one.
    Again, thanks for helpin keep some power bills paid...would you kindly remove your Advertisements for your Brand from the public school system paid for buildings?
    I dont believe a continued relationship over multiple years involving millions of dollars is mediocre.

King is a commonly used nickname. Media put him on the cover of SI as a 16 yr old with the words "Chosen One"

He's 34 now and done literally nothing other than call the President a name, which the President returned the favor.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      Hahaha - nobody wants to quote the $2 million number?

Just focus on what he's not doing, rather than what he is. When you think it can't get worse ... Effing Breitbart.
      If the story would have been about Lebron making a 2 million dollar donation, that would have been fantastic. Instead its "Lebron has this great idea for a privately funded school because he's a genius and the greatest human ever!" Oh but wait. Tax payers are still paying for the majority of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        If the story would have been about Lebron making a 2 million dollar donation, that would have been fantastic. Instead its "Lebron has this great idea for a privately funded school because he's a genius and the greatest human ever!" Oh but wait. Tax payers are still paying for the majority of it.
        Read the Breitbart article and Lebron has done nothing.

Same token goes both ways, as usual. Truth is always in the middle.

The sensationalism of both sides of the media does not take away from the greatness of this action. It is not the greatest donation ever, but it is absolutely greatness.

Comment

So I’m told this school will cost the state taxpayers 3X the cost per student than a regular public school...doesn’t sound like LeBron has done anything but set up something that’s going to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            So I’m told this school will cost the state taxpayers 3X the cost per student than a regular public school...doesn’t sound like LeBron has done anything but set up something that’s going to fail.
            And finally..... this thread come full circle

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              And finally..... this thread come full circle

Yep
              Bernie economics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

LeBron’s I Promise School

After looking more into this, this isn’t a good idea. He should just donate that money to existing public schools. This “I promise” idea (while no doubt coming from a good place) is a disaster waiting to happen. It’s going to cost tax payers a lot of money.

Also, I went back and listened to some interviews. Good Lord. This is the guy some of you claim sounds brilliant when he speaks? He can barely put a full sentence together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Clay C; 08-08-2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Read the Breitbart article and Lebron has done nothing.

Same token goes both ways, as usual. Truth is always in the middle.

The sensationalism of both sides of the media does not take away from the greatness of this action. It is not the greatest donation ever, but it is absolutely greatness.

Lol you only say that because It has something to do with your man crush leflop. I'm sure the taxpayers have a different viewpoint on this greatness

Nice gesture on his part yes greatness far from it.

Comment

After looking more into this, this isn’t a good idea. He should just donate that money to existing public schools. This “I promise” idea (while no doubt coming from a good place) is a disaster waiting to happen. It’s going to cost tax payers a lot of money.

Also, I went back and listened to some interviews. Good Lord. This is the guy some of you claim sounds brilliant when he speaks? He can barely put a full sentence together.
                    Have you heard how bigly awesome and winning President Trump’s speeches are?

Comment

Well people have also never made claims like “you can tell by his speech that he is brilliant.” Yeah Donald Trump Isn’t the most eloquent speaker, but Lebron doesn’t seem to have much going on up there when he speaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lebron appreciates your continued support of him both as a basketball player and African American person James. This thread alone should take like 5 white guilt points off your shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          Lebron appreciates your continued support of him both as a basketball player and African American person James. This thread alone should take like 5 white guilt points off your shoulders.
                          Nothing about this is "white guilt".

Literally, name calling the President is the only negative thing that can be said about Lebron James.

Comment

Nothing about this is "white guilt".

Literally, name calling the President is the only negative thing that can be said about Lebron James.

What about the flamboyant and boisterous way he left the community he loves so much to go to Miami?

Comment

What about the flamboyant and boisterous way he left the community he loves so much to go to Miami?
                              You mean when he raised even more money for charity by televising his freedom of choice as a free agent ?

Comment

You mean when he raised even more money for charity by televising his freedom of choice as a free agent ?
                                Yes. I was being sarcastic. Hence the .

Comment

Working...
                                X