Death by Hay Bale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death by Hay Bale

An interesting find out in the pasture. He's not a familiar buck & looks to have passed away last year or prior to that. He's a 9 point with a broke tine & his right beam is tangled in hay baling net. Thinking that's what killed him.
    Attached Files

I have seen a few over the years walking around with bailing twine on their antlers. Not sure how it would kill them unless they got stuck to the bale.

Cool find for sure.

Comment

Sad

Comment

That's a bummer. I'm just glad this wasnt a report of a farm fatality of a different kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
          That's a bummer. I'm just glad this wasnt a report of a farm fatality of a different kind.
          Just what I was thinking when I read the title of the thread.

Comment

A buddy just texted me a LDP of a buck on of his hunters just killed, and the buck has a LOT more twine stuck in his antlers than this. Twine isn't deadly, it's just a fashion statement.

Comment

Hate to see them go like that. I have actually caught and released a handful of fallow bucks that were stuck to round bales. And I used to always see them with string on their antlers.

Comment

Originally posted by metalmangeorge View Post
                I have seen a few over the years walking around with bailing twine on their antlers. Not sure how it would kill them unless they got stuck to the bale.

Cool find for sure.
                I assumed maybe he got stuck to the bale & maybe coyotes got him. Really I have no clue. This is just the first time we are ever seeing one with twine on the antlers, he's dead on a large tract of acreage and none of us know him-- so I made the leap. This is actually the first time we've found any bucks head-- regardless of twine. Pretty neat, although a little sad-- looks like he was going to be a nice buck one day.

Comment

Friends son killed a monster a few years ago that had a ton of hot wire wrapped in his antlers. He was doing just fine.

Comment

one of our residents at the lake.....

Comment

I would be very surprised if a buck couldn't break bailing twine if hung in it. They are a lot more powerful than most expect.

I am willing to bet he died from something else...still a cool find

Comment

I really doubt the twine had anything to do with his death. I've seen deer with much more twine and they were fine.

Comment

Had this poor guy running around last year in Brady.

We also found a buck skull with twine wrapped all around it. Not sure if that was the cause of death but wouldn't be surprised.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383697752.980540.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	24261464

Comment

Working...
                          X