Italian Dressing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Dressing???

Why do I hear so many people say they put this stuff on their meat prior to cooking it? Is it just an easy do all way of getting some generic flavoring on the meat?

I use it for tenderizing... Not sure about everybody else.

Comment

The vineger content helps tenderize and the oil help kep in moist. The spices and garlic give it a nice flavor. Winner winner!

Comment

I stopped using it becuase it causes flare-ups. I beleive people like to use it becuase the acidity in it help break down the meat and make it tender.

Comment

I only use it on chicken, for the flavor but it's been awhile since I've used it.

Comment

It has a good mixture of oil, vinaiger and spices to marinade meat although I prefer to make my own marinade.

Comment

I love it. Italian , onion and cilantro in a ziplock for 24 hours.

Comment

Because it works.

Comment

I love it. We put it on pork and chicken and occasionally I wrap briskets with zesty Italian dressing.

Comment

I use it because it's tasty and the vinegar tenderizes it (same reason you don't want to inject vinegar too early).

Comment

Lol. I agree. Pepper. salt. garlic here

Comment

I use it on chicken only. It's a cheap and easy way to add flavor.

Comment

Ok, so do yall just buy the generic store brand stuff or do you need the name brand stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Ok, so do yall just buy the generic store brand stuff or do you need the name brand stuff?
                            Whatever suits your fancy. I'd say use your favorite brand of dressing.

Comment

Whatever I catch on sale is what I use...

Comment

Working...
                              X