• Show
Clear All

Cooking backstrap

What is the best way to cook the backstrap? Thanks

whichever way YOUR taste buds prefer

my preference ...

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ight=backstrap

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ght=medallions
    Last edited by Cajun Blake; 11-11-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

The old fashioned chicken fried, garlic powder, pepper, salt, dip it in egg and milk mixture, flop it in flour both sides, drop it in frying pan with about a 1/2 inch of cooking oil, cook until tender and let the mouth water.

Or, pick up some Baja chipotle marinade, cut backstrap into medallions, let marinade overnight, put on the grill, 4 minutes a side and feel like your in heaven.

Comment

Chicken fried or grilled to medium.

Comment

Is it whole or cut in steaks? I love cooking them whole. If steaks then chicken fry. Use crushed saltines in the breading. I marinated one this weekend in olive oil, balsamic, garlic, onion, pepper, saracha, and worcheshire. Wrapped in bacon and smoked until internal temp was 130-135. Fantastic. I also do similar deal where I sprinkle with lime juice and season. Make a slit on the back and stuff with cream cheese, diced japs, and fresh herb. Wrap in bacon and grill until bacon is done.

Comment

Before smoker.
            After smoke

Ready to eat.

Comment

Cooking with olive oil, cant beat it

Comment

Fried or grilled.

Do you know the best time to eat backstrap? When you ain't got any company over!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post

Before smoker.
                  After smoke

Ready to eat.
                  I'm gonna have to try that. It looks seriously good. Thanks Doc.

Comment

There is a stuffed backstrap recipe on here that I just love. Butterflied, stuffed with jack cheese and boudin, wrapped in bacon and grilled. I don't prepare it much because I'd be fatter than I already am.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                      Fried or grilled.

Do you know the best time to eat backstrap? When you ain't got any company over!
                      X's 2!!!

Comment

Grilled medium rare

Comment

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, backstrap-kabobs, backstrap creole, backstrap gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple backstrap, lemon backstrap, coconut backstrap, pepper backstrap, backstrap soup, backstrap stew, backstrap salad, backstrap and potatoes, backstrap burger, backstrap sandwich....

Originally posted by docmay View Post

Before smoker.
                          After smoke

Ready to eat.
                          ^^^^^^^^^^But that's about he best I've ever seen^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Sr_Egor View Post
                            You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, backstrap-kabobs, backstrap creole, backstrap gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple backstrap, lemon backstrap, coconut backstrap, pepper backstrap, backstrap soup, backstrap stew, backstrap salad, backstrap and potatoes, backstrap burger, backstrap sandwich....

^^^^^^^^^^But that's about he best I've ever seen^^^^^^^^^^^^

Beat me to it!

Comment

batter in bisquick -salt and pepper - then deep fry.

Comment

Working...
                              X