The things we do for deer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The things we do for deer!

Yesterday I went up to my place near Vernon to get started on my food plot. I know it is late but it has been so dry in this area anything I plant isn't likely to grow anyway. I've got an old tractor that isn't used very often and been sitting for a while. I did all the things you have to do with an old tractor. Added oil, added water, put in some diesel. Backed up a couple of feet so I could check the tires (they had sunk in the ground some due to sitting so long). Then I saw this

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0076 small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	24987125

I've heard that noise/vibration will run snakes off. Not this time. The tractor had been running for 10-15 minutes before I moved it. Thankfully I didn't back up another foot or I would have stepped off on top a PO'd rattlesnake.

look at all those rattles

Comment

underwear check!

Comment

They are still out by all means... not until the first hard cold weather... usually december before I stop seeing em

Comment

Didn't bother me too much. Its head was stuck firmly underneath the tire. Just not something I expected to see. It was still moving when I saw it, but not now.

Comment

That sucker is big

Comment

I would break out the shovel ..... just to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by lesson 101 View Post
                I would break out the shovel ..... just to be sure.
                Its dead. Trust me, its DEAD.

Comment

That's a big un! Guess I'm a little messed up,but when I see em after the fact, (coulda bit me,and didn't),they get a pass...Jus'sayin

Comment

shoot it just to be sure

Comment

Noise and vibration absolutely will not run them off. You won't get much more noise or vibration than on a drilling rig and we kill several on location every year.

Comment

Working...
                      X