No announcement yet.

Fannin Unit Caddo Grasslands-Archery Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe you can until gun season opens then only thanksgiving weekend. What schoot you going to. I got my degree @ UTD

Comment

Thanks for the input. Im going to Parker College of Chiropractic, i got my BBS at Hardin-Simmons in Abilene.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        I apologize for arguing with ya'll. I'm just getting conflicting answers on this. It won't be the first time I was wrong.
        I guarantee you do not need the APH to hunt the Fannin Unit. Only the Bois D'Arc and Ladonia Units are part of the WMA. I write the regulations and Supervisor's Orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
          I guarantee you do not need the APH to hunt the Fannin Unit. Only the Bois D'Arc and Ladonia Units are part of the WMA. I write the regulations and Supervisor's Orders.
          I believe you. Your a guy who seems to know what he's talking about .

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
            Well now..... I didn't know that. I guess I owe you an apology sir. Sounds like someone needs to call down to Austin a straighten them out.

Comment

Has anyone killed or seen any deer up here, we've been hunting Pat Mayse and no deer activity has been seen.

Comment

basscast, nope, but only but hunting twice and first year hunting the place so take that in consideration, i.e. still looking for the right spot.

Comment

I haven't been to any of the grasslands yet, Pat Mayse looks very good and is COVERED in hogs. Hopefully November will get some activity going with the deer, until then i,ll keep hunting Whitney.

Comment

Drove up yesterday. Ya'll are right.... no permit needed. Sorry for causing any problems. Did talk to a TBH'er and a couple of guy's for a minute. Sorry but I forget his TBH handle. Seem's kind of weird seeing signs posted about bears. Don't remember seeing them last year.

Comment

That is odd isn't it! I've seen a bear over near Wright Patman about two years ago and we know they are in SE Oklahoma and SW Arkansas already. So they don't have far to go to get there.

Comment

tent camping up their this weekend. Let me know if you are going up. Love this new hunting experience. went full circle. started on public and core land as a kid. Went to leases, feeders, campers, etc.... Now I am back to keep it simple. good times!!! Scout, hunt, enjoy the outdoors with out feeders and leases. I love it!

Comment

Can't go camping this weekend due to plans Fri and Halloween on Saturday. Good possibility though, that I'll be over on Saturday and/or Sunday (afternoon). I want to scout some additional areas.

Comment

Allenshawn1 i share the same feelings about hunting public land. There really isnt anything else like it. I have the day off from school so heading up there to do some scouting and maybe stick stick something this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              Drove up yesterday. Ya'll are right.... no permit needed. Sorry for causing any problems. Did talk to a TBH'er and a couple of guy's for a minute. Sorry but I forget his TBH handle. Seem's kind of weird seeing signs posted about bears. Don't remember seeing them last year.
                              It was me and a couple of buddies you spoke with briefly. I've been out there a couple of weekends this month and seen absolutely zero deer. Saw several doe back in the heat of the summer on a brief early morning scout trip.

I saw pigs two weeks ago and one of my buddies saw a yote but didn't get a shot. The under brush is so thick shooting lanes are extremely short.

We did some scouting around noon and saw one nice set of tracks crossing the "road" on the north unit down from the new "know your bear" sign. Even the scat I can find looks pretty old and even with the rain there weren't many tracks to be found.

There doesn't seem to be as much torn up area as last year as if maybe the pig numbers dwindled some over the summer. we did come across a pig skeleton. My son and I'll be at Pat Mayse for the youth only drawn hunt this coming weekend.

Comment

It was nice to meet you. We're planning on getting up there fairly soon. Good luck on your season.

Comment

Working...
                                X