2017 Lake Grapevine Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
    A few years back a lady who was working there had told me that there were people that openly bragged to her that they were trying to draw a permit to keep hunters from drawing. I'm heading out there tomorrow to pick up my permit if I get my license in the mail today. If not, next Friday.

I agree with IBEP certification but I already have it anyway. That might keep the anti-hunters away.

I have tried for five years and finally got drawn so I'm going to give it my best shot.
    What!! I wouldn't think that would be possible considering you had to have hunters education certificate to apply for a permit. The corp office should do something to stop non hunters getting in the way of proper conservation practices.

LETS GO redraw!!

Comment

Any of yall have any luck out at LG for teal? Went out today and didn't see a dang one

Comment

I drew this year. Went to look around the lake shore yesterday but ran out of gas in my boat and had to swim in.

Comment

Hey guys. This is my first year hunting back in the area and my first year bow hunting public lands. I drew in the lottery (I know, sore subject for some of y'all) and wondered if anyone that was a little more familiar with the area wanted to go scout some time. Thanks.

Comment

anyone have any luck out there today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyanguyen View Post
              anyone have any luck out there today?

Can't start hunting deer til next month the 21st..

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hogs....Turkey.....& Coyotes so far, but no deer.....

Comment

Any kiddos have any luck at the Vine yet?

Comment

To whoever put in the work to steal that game camera I put out, I have to hand it to you. You did an awful lot of work to climb that tree and cut that lock.

Only 3 people knew about it. Me, you and God. If you happen to be reading this, I forgive you, and I hope that there was something worth the effort on it.

I know it's against corp rules. But so is theft. And even moreso, it breaks God's law according to Exodus 20:15 "You shall not steal."

I forgive you for it, but only because I know all the things that Jesus has forgiven me for in sinning against him and my fellow man. God can forgive you of this transgression too, because one day you're going to have to stand before him and tell him why you took that camera. But you don't have to pay the penalty if you don't want to. Jesus died on yours and my behalf, and rose three days later. Because of that, eternal life can be yours too.

If you would like that forgiveness, you can have it by repenting of your sin, asking to receive him and make him Lord of your life. If by some small chance you already know Jesus, I pray that you would repent.

I doubt that anything will come of this, but I am praying for you, and if by some chance you read this, I don't want the camera back.

Sorry to derail this thread folks. Have a good evening and hopefully a great season.
                    Last edited by Kirby86; 10-10-2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                      To whoever put in the work to steal that game camera I put out, I have to hand it to you. You did an awful lot of work to climb that tree and cut that lock.

Only 3 people knew about it. Me, you and God. If you happen to be reading this, I forgive you, and I hope that there was something worth the effort on it.

I know it's against corp rules. But so is theft. And even moreso, it breaks God's law according to Exodus 20:15 "You shall not steal."

I forgive you for it, but only because I know all the things that Jesus has forgiven me for in sinning against him and my fellow man. God can forgive you of this transgression too, because one day you're going to have to stand before him and tell him why you took that camera. But you don't have to pay the penalty if you don't want to. Jesus died on yours and my behalf, and rose three days later. Because of that, eternal life can be yours too.

If you would like that forgiveness, you can have it by repenting of your sin, asking to receive him and make him Lord of your life. If by some small chance you already know Jesus, I pray that you would repent.

I doubt that anything will come of this, but I am praying for you, and if by some chance you read this, I don't want the camera back.

Sorry to derail this thread folks. Have a good evening and hopefully a great season.

Just a heads up. The Core Rangers walk the fields and trails looking for stands and cameras. They told me directly they do it and will pull items off the land, bc as you noted, it’s against the rules. It might not be another hunter, but someone responsible for governing those rules.

Comment

Originally posted by tdhadley10 View Post
                        Just a heads up. The Core Rangers walk the fields and trails looking for stands and cameras. They told me directly they do it and will pull items off the land, bc as you noted, it’s against the rules. It might not be another hunter, but someone responsible for governing those rules.

Ole Johnny Law getting his stock pile up! Make that money!

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Usually when a field agent pulls stands and or cameras they leave a calling card of some kind. Don't ask me how I know...

Comment

I'm aware of that. But usually there's a note attached with them doing that. This guy cut the thing and left the lock.

While they're at it, I wish they'd catch folks hunting out there early or with no permit at all. I'm already getting pics of deer supposedly shot out there [emoji35].

Comment

Dang tough season for you Kirby. Hope thins turn around for ya. Lost a camera on Benbrook last year, have had stands and cams taken at Whitney. I use cheap equipment and consider it part of the price you pay. No problem if ACE takes it, but I'll never understand a thief. I had a new stand that was up nearly 30' and a 1/2" cable and lock. I carried the first 12' of climbing sticks out with me so whoever took it had some substantial bolt cutters and a way of getting 15' or so up to my fist climbing stick.

I wish someone could explain the rules on cams, they can't even be left up the 72hrs like a stand. What good is a trail camera at all if it's being physically attended LOL. Just make them 100% against the rules or not.
                              Last edited by TxnRunner; 10-12-2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

We saw some does while scouting. No clue how you'd get to where we went. It was a 30 min ride on my mud rig at full speed. Hopefully il get a slot on the redraw, but not holding my breath. Thank God I own a place out west.

Comment

Working...
                                X