Nextdoor App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nextdoor App

You follow? Do you ever read what some of your neighbors post/ complain about and not only SMH but feel disbelief that you live next to these goobers?

Would love to hear others nextdoor stories

No good stories but I am on Nextdoor. It does keep me informed about things going on in my area. The power went out the other day as a storm passed by. I found out in next door a car hit a power pole causing the black out not the storm.

There are a lot of missing pets though

Comment

I read it when we lived in Cali. 80% was good, local neighborhood information what I’d never have known otherwise. Crimes that would never make the local paper like home break-in, car break-in, mail thefts, etc. Often with surveillance videos. Found pets, lost pets. What was that- a gunshot? Fire info and updates during the drought.

20% broke down to 80% useless (16% total) and 20% nut-jobs (4%). Like the general population. Just set to ignore the nut jobs.

Ignore the posts on useless topics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No, but a few weeks ago I got something asking me to join some facebook neighborhood thing. I moved out in the woods for a reason, and conversing with neighbors isnt it....Sign of the times, I guess. Wont be long till this is the suburbs.

Comment

I enjoy the neighborhood info and recommendations. Has been very nice in locating local folks to do random jobs around the house, also Family restaurants and services.

Comment

[ATTACH]966549[/ATTACH]

Comment

Yep, I'm familiar with it. The primary topics speak of missing or found dogs and cats, reports of creepy looking people walking or parked nearby. And, unfortunately, there's a generous amount of sobering neighborhood criminal activity to note. I suppose there's probably some value in people having the opportunity to communicate with other locals. But, there are many snarky people that jump on, and overall the subject matter is generally not terribly positive.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                [ATTACH]966549[/ATTACH]
                Lmao

Comment

On the Nextdoor for my neighborhood there is at least 4-5 posts weekly “warning” of a coyote sighting or complaining they left their dog outside all night and it got eaten. One lady went as far as saying she has lived in Allen for 15 years and therefor was “here before the coyotes were”.

Comment

it is useless in my area...might be
                    good in bigger cities,,,just lost dogs and such here

Comment

It's scary where I live. People scared of the "nighttime lizards" that come out by their front doors, schools of wild dogs howling in field across street at night, PSA hawk sightings, and expect a 100 reply thread if someone has seen a killer snake.

Comment

Funny you bring that up. There was a car crash last week in my area and of course the rumors started flying.
                        First it was 5 dead in body bags on the side of the road, then someone heard it was 3 dead, then it was 1 dead, then someone said there were 2 dead. Ends up being one car was involved and 1 person was injured.

Comment

And theres this gem.

Comment

I’m on it. These are some of the ones seen on ours frequently.
                            Holiday fireworks post gets entertaining every year, usually goes on for about 4-5 pages.
                            Lost dogs and animals all the time, mostly.
                            Coyote/Wolf/Bobcat/Panther sightings, lock all your pets and children up.
                            Hear that sound (Gun fire, Boom, screaming animal)

It’s pretty useless but entertaining reading what some of these people say. I don’t think I have gained any useable info from it yet.

Comment

I hardly read it anymore but here's an old post I saved. It took all I had to not respond.

Comment

Working...
                              X