My Best Buck Thus Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Best Buck Thus Far

Caught this buck on camera a few times over the past couple weeks but never in the daylight so didn't expect to see him this morning. I have my 25' gametamer tree stand set up about 20yds inside a tree line along the river with the feeder between me and the river at 22 yds. I hunted here last Saturday evening and placed some apple scented hand corn just inside the tree line on the way to my stand, but didn't see much that sit. I was planning on hunting a different setup this morning but heard our neighbor on the opposite side of our property had been hunting the area nearby my other stand yesterday evening. With the recent rifle pressure nearby I decided to give my setup on the south side of the river a try. Walked into my setup at 5:35 and noticed most but not all of the hand corn was gone. Daylight broke at 6:35ish and the feeder went off at 6:45, around 7:00 I happen to look behind me at the hand corn and notice that 2 doe snuck in on me and were eating what was left of the hand corn. I was close to making the decision to take one of the doe when along the tree line to the south I hear some rustling, couple minutes pass and nothing. Then at about 35yrds I see him! He starts racking his horn in a overhanging tree branch and starts pawing the ground, he doesn't complete the scape and starts walking toward the doe. The doe run off a little ways and as the buck makes his way toward my shooting window I start drawing back, I grunt at him as soon as he gets clears, he stops and let the arrow fly. I see the nocturnal burry right behind the shoulder!!! I wait about 15mins and get down to look for my arrow...then I glance into the direction he ran and see him down inside 50yrds!

Meets out management goals 5.5 yr old
    Attached Files

Awesome buck!

Comment

Nice buck! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Well done. I love apple corn.

Comment

Great shot on an awesome buck. Congrats